Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Subriel Matias Breaks Down, Stops Shohjahon Ergashev in Six Rounds

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Boricua181 View Post

It might not be Teofimo, and it won't be simply because of the astronomical amount of money that his father is asking for, which by the way they aren't going to get.
    What I meant was I'd want to see him against Teofimo on the night of June 8, 2024, but any other top ten fighter in the 140 pound division will do as well.
    The powers that be can't hold back Matias meteoric rise to superstardom, the fans will be clamoring to see this fighting dynamo on a regular basis.
    Becoming a superstar is rare nowadays. Matias has the entertainment value to become a star, and I think he's an easy sell for any network/promoter who fully commits to building his profile. His credibility with the hardcore fan is growing, but I'm not sure about his overall marquee value. Matias hasn't been active enough. He's been trapped behind PPV and premium network paywalls; he started fighting on SHO during the pandemic when their ratings were beginning to decrease. His sole SHO main event was vs. Ponce. Cotto made his 3rd title defense at MSG in his 23rd fight, so Matias isn't far behind. The difference was Cotto's activity: he was fighting 3 times a year minimum. He also had TR making him a priority. Saturday was a prime example of PBC not making Matias a priority: Matias/Ergashev was a title fight and an entertaining match-up, but the powers that be chose Jermall/Benavidez as the co-main event.

Comment

Look who's come out of the wood works, my long lost cousin, the unofficial boxing promoter, the one and only Bronx2245.
      Well Matias has now beaten his 5th undefeated opponent, their combined records at the time that Matias scalped'em was 103-0.
      Just to put his career achievements into a better perspective for those who haven't taken a deeper dive into Matias short, but incredibly impressive career.
      Ergashev was talking big time smack, and Matias beat him down, sending him back home lumped up, and empty handed, after taking his undefeated record from him.
      Now a lot of fans want him to fight Russell, but if I remember correctly Russell already turned down an offer to fight Matias, and he's not alone in doing the side step.
      I want to see Matias fight all of them Lopez, Prograis, Haney, Russell, Lee, Tank, Hitchins, Barboza, Ramirez, Rivera, and Garcia.
      I believe he beats most of them if not all of them by knockout, the promoters have got to keep this explosive fighter busy, it's good for the business.
      He eliminates the corrupt judges from the equation, giving the sport of boxing a needed lift to it's integrity, and appeal for the fan's.
      I would love to see Matias make 10 title defenses, as that is the gold standard of long reigning champions.
      It's good to here from you Bronx2245, you've been my best sparring partner on this platform, you always keep it clean no rabbit punches, hitting on the break, etc.
      You know i'm forever grateful, for the introduction to "Browny!" Gary Antuanne needs to MAN UP! Tank, KingRy, Prograis, and Teo, are not going to call him! Browny is "about that life!" If Gary Antuanne does not want smoke, maybe Michel "Ali" Rivera does? I want Subriel to keep active! Now how would you feel about Subriel going up to fight Boots? I think that's where we have a disagreement? Browny is good, but I don't think he's THAT good! What say you?

Comment

Originally posted by richardt View Post

But I do suspect that Russell when he boxes - and he can box, could give Matias some problems, but if he trades with Matias because he is confident of his own power, that could be Russell's undoing. Upon further review, Russell would have to be in and out, side to side with flurries and pot shots to win. Not impossible, but I don't see that happening in my mind's eye.
        It's a great match up, worthy of a spot on Canelo vs. Benavidez!

Comment

Originally posted by kiaba360 View Post

Becoming a superstar is rare nowadays. Matias has the entertainment value to become a star, and I think he's an easy sell for any network/promoter who fully commits to building his profile. His credibility with the hardcore fan is growing, but I'm not sure about his overall marquee value. Matias hasn't been active enough. He's been trapped behind PPV and premium network paywalls; he started fighting on SHO during the pandemic when their ratings were beginning to decrease. His sole SHO main event was vs. Ponce. Cotto made his 3rd title defense at MSG in his 23rd fight, so Matias isn't far behind. The difference was Cotto's activity: he was fighting 3 times a year minimum. He also had TR making him a priority. Saturday was a prime example of PBC not making Matias a priority: Matias/Ergashev was a title fight and an entertaining match-up, but the powers that be chose Jermall/Benavidez as the co-main event.
          David Benavidez has been fighting longer than Subriel Matias has, and has achieved more in his career as well.
          Now that Matias was showcased on this particular Show Time card, the fans will be clamoring to see him, and he'll be getting more offers from promoters.
          They can't keep this fighting dynamo down, the promoters have got to put him on the forefront of future boxing shows.

Comment

Originally posted by Bronx2245 View Post
            You know i'm forever grateful, for the introduction to "Browny!" Gary Antuanne needs to MAN UP! Tank, KingRy, Prograis, and Teo, are not going to call him! Browny is "about that life!" If Gary Antuanne does not want smoke, maybe Michel "Ali" Rivera does? I want Subriel to keep active! Now how would you feel about Subriel going up to fight Boots? I think that's where we have a disagreement? Browny is good, but I don't think he's THAT good! What say you?
            There's talk about Matias fighting Rivera in Puerto Rico during the first third of 2024. As for Matias versus Ennis that's a tall order for Matias to overcome right about now.
            I'd like to see Matias defend his current title a few times to secure his financial stability, and continue to establish himself as the best at 140.
            That said Matias versus Ennis would be a must see fight, when they finally fight, possibly in 2025.
            Bronx2245 Bronx2245 likes this.

Comment

There's talk about Matias fighting Rivera in Puerto Rico during the first third of 2024. As for Matias versus Ennis that's a tall order for Matias to overcome right about now.
              I'd like to see Matias defend his current title a few times to secure his financial stability, and continue to establish himself as the best at 140.
              That said Matias versus Ennis would be a must see fight, when they finally fight, possibly in 2025.
              Damn, that sounds like a good reason to visit PR! I wish they would give us at least 3 months advance notice! Even NYC, Orlando, or Miami would be a GREAT place for that fight!
              Last edited by Bronx2245; 11-28-2023, 06:24 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by richardt View Post

Kind of reminds me of a young Loma where in both cases, their opponents are overwhelmed by the blizzard and see no way out and quit in their corner. Hard to defend against a swarm of bees. But better for an opponent to go out on his shield.
                I think Matias carries a lot more physical strength than Loma (regardless of weight class just talking as a fighter) but yeah the way he's making people quit is similar to early Lomachenko for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by Kannabis Kid View Post
                  I think Matias carries a lot more physical strength than Loma (regardless of weight class just talking as a fighter) but yeah the way he's making people quit is similar to early Lomachenko for sure.
                  Opponents frustrations are the power that comes in volumes from Matias when he swarms and the angles that younger Loma used to swarm in volumes and hit guys with shots they didn't see. Both just truly exciting to watch, though one on his way out and the other coming into his prime.
                  Last edited by richardt; 11-30-2023, 01:28 AM.
                  Kannabis Kid Kannabis Kid likes this.

Comment

Wow! Great win for Matias!

Comment

Originally posted by Satir View Post
                      i made the same mistake again and bet against Matias, people, dont do that, dont you ever bet against him till he turns 36-37 y.o (Golovkin' vibes)

P.S. Matias is going to eat pillow-fisted Haney alive!!!
                      ...why in the BLUE HELL would you bet AGAINST this man after what he did to Ponce?? Are you serious?

Comment

Working...
                      X