Collapse
No announcement yet.

If Usyk beats Fury, he is the best boxer of this generation

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Definitely. Puts Usyk in some very elite conversations all time too IMO.

Nice to see you posting something positive for a change man.

Comment

Id like them all to fight each other then I'll comment. If wilder ko s usy k and josh, and fury beats josh?
      Then if Zhang gets a win over one or two of them too.

Comment

Usyk's legacy in the sport is already clear 'Usyk is already a all-time great fighter'.

Tyson Fury for me, is what is hot right now in the moment 'But if Fury loses vs Usyk? He will just be another World Heavyweight Champion, like Hasim Rahman, Shannon Briggs, Tony Tucker, Michael Moorer the list goes on'.

With the passage of time, greatness does become more clear 'More vivid'.

Greatness in some ways can be enhanced by time, athletes fighters can suddenly gain respect from the actual historians and hardcore fans 'When people ether realize how great they were, or a void appears were they once reigned supreme'.

Joe Calzaghe, Prince Naseem Hamed, I would say? Have been the two fighters since their retirement, were people realized how great they were 'Genuine all-time great fighters'.

Tyson Fury is not at that level, Fury has not achieved enough actual feats of achievement within physical reality 'A big percentage of his reputation and resume is boasted by narratives created by his fans, and mythical head to head match ups'.

Oleksandr Usyk is already the most accomplished active fighter in the entire sport of boxing 'Right now as we speak'.

Note: But If Usyk beats Tyson Fury to become the Undisturbed World Heavyweight Champion 'He has to be considered the greatest fighter of his generation in all weight classes'.

What are Fury's great feats of achievement? Has he beaten a Heavyweight Champion who out weighed him by 8 stone? No, but David Haye did.

Tyson Fury according to his hardcore fans, should make this fight vs Usyk a easy fight 'And I actually think many past all-time great Super Heavyweights, would of had the ability to beat Usyk'.

Fury vs Usyk is a great fight, the events which have happened since its original planned fight date 'Have for me made it more interesting, and I think it is Tyson Fury's most important fight of his career in terms of historical magnitude. I would say that it is on a level rating with his fight vs Wladimir Kiltschko'.

The reason why I cannot rate this fight bigger than the Wladimir Kiltschko fight entirely, is because that is the fight and win which 'Really started the Tyson Fury matched towards being a all-time great fighter' etc.
        Last edited by PRINCEKOOL; 11-23-2023, 10:46 AM.

Comment

Few days ago I watched some older fights I hadn't seen before.
          Probably shouldn't have done that...kinda lost a lot of respect for most of today's boxers. Especially the heavier classes.
          I saw some Cruiser weight fights, Leon Spinks - Qawi and Holyfield - Qawi.

These guys were punching ALOT every round and throwing with conviction. Every round was a battle and you could feel the intense desire to win the fight from both guys
          Not always getting a stoppage but also no strategy of picking up enough points to be declared winner at the end.
          These boxers went to the gates of hell for a victory.
          I have seen plenty of boxers today who are hardly sweating after the fight

Comment

Maybe.

Its just a shame that in typical fashion the fight got stalled for longer than ideal and arguably both guys stock dropped in the meantime.

Comment

Originally posted by Mooshashi
              Best HW of his generation for sure. He's already best CW. Best all round boxer....maybe there are others in that conversation.
              Inouye for one.
              - - AJ lost two close decisions he coulda won.

Also a better, more comprehensive Hvy record.

Dempsy always rated over Tunney for that reason, Boxing 101…

Comment

Working...
              X