Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Tarver: Benavidez Knows That He Has a Hell of a Fight on His Hands With Andrade

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Tarver: Benavidez Knows That He Has a Hell of a Fight on His Hands With Andrade

Former world champion Antonio Tarver is giving Demetrius Andrade a real shot at shocking David Benavidez on Saturday night, when the two super middleweight fighters collide at the Mandalay Bay in Las Vegas. Their fight will headline a Showtime Pay-Per-View event.
    [Click Here To Read More]

I don't think Andrade has the pop to keep David from putting pressure. It will be another Canelo vs Charlo.

Comment

Originally posted by boxingitis View Post
      I don't think Andrade has the pop to keep David from putting pressure. It will be another Canelo vs Charlo.
      I feel like Andrade has sneaky power. He has the ability to hurt and drop guys but he is not a finisher.
      PBR Streetgang PBR Streetgang likes this.

Comment

Andrade has gotten better over the years. And the thing that stands out for me is he's very athletic and he has exceptional footwork. If his chin is solid, he might give Benavidez a run for his money.

Comment

David’s game plan should be to go to the body early often and hard. I’m sure Andrade will be elusive in the beginning but if David can cut that ring and get to the body he can set himself up for success in the second half and possibly stop Andrade once his work to the body starts to pay dividends towards the latter portion of the fight.

Comment

I always appreciate Tarver's insight into fight, I like his assessments. Also shout-out to the comments on this thread. Some high quality opinion and analysis by the NSB members.

Andrade does have sneaky power, I think it's because it's often the shot that his opponent doesn't see. It may not be thudding but it's enough to cause flash KDs and gain respect of opponent. Andrade's mindset isn't that of a finisher, he's more risk averse. A tough opponent to beat and certainly difficult to look good against.

Benavidez will have to effectively cut off the ring, be defensively responsible and **** that body of Andrade. Although they employ their boxing skills differently, I think the Plant fight was good preparation for Andrade.

Happy holidays to the NSB members, safe travels and let's hope for some good fights this weekend.

Comment

Andrade will have to be on his A-game and bring the kitchen sink. Benavidez needs to go to the body and put Andrade in the position to stand there and fight

Comment

Pay attention folks. Tarver's analysis is usually on point. Unless Andrade is rusty or got old overnight he might surprise a lot of people who don't appreciate his skills. If he's still sharp he very well may make Benevidez look slow and plodding at least for the beginning of the fight. Curious if he can make it last the distance.
                Last edited by sidefx996; 11-22-2023, 11:54 AM.

Comment

Literally zero ****s given for what this steroid cheat has to say.

Comment

Working...
                  X