Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Hrgovic: I'm Next In Line For The Heavyweight Championship Of The World

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tag, You're Hit View Post

I'm still not convinced AJ's psyche is ready to handle Joyce or any real puncher yet. Maybe now that they mystique has been shattered, as you say, that'll give him more confidence. But, again, styles make fights and Zhang proved to be all wrong for Joyce.

In your opinion, besides Wilder and AJ (and Zhang), who are the dangerous big punchers at HW right now?
    Due to Joyce's porous defense and lack of speed/agility, all of the decent punchers become "dangerous" against him. Joyce is normally too available for his opponent's offense, and that's why the "Juggernaut" nickname suited him so well. Zhang was the first time that his body couldn't hold up, and the immediate rematch only reinforced my belief that Joyce may never be the same. Not everyone is a southpaw like Zhang, and I'm sure his team will use that to dismiss his performances as Joyce simply having a bad night due to styles. We'll eventually find out what those Zhang fights have done to Joyce's punch resistance and his confidence in being able to absorb punishment. See, when AJ got stopped against Ruiz...it made him a more cautious fighter moving forward. If Joyce has indeed suffered any negative effects from facing Zhang, can he make significant adjustments to his style in order to extend his career? I really don't think so.
    Tag, You're Hit Tag, You're Hit likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by _Rexy_ View Post

Okay, so what's that have to do with Professional boxing? Hrvoje Sep dominated the WSB too, and last I remember he hasn't fought since losing to Ricards Bolotniks FFS.
      Expirience. Sep has no promoters. No one signed him. He is unlucky bcs no one wants to sign him.

Comment

Originally posted by tokon View Post
        "it is widely believed that Joshua and Wilder—with wins in December—will next face each other."

Believed by who?!

Does anyone really believe Joshua will fight Wilder next?!!

Cmon. . . . !!
        People who are ignoring true state of matter
        tokon tokon likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by kiaba360 View Post

Due to Joyce's porous defense and lack of speed/agility, all of the decent punchers become "dangerous" against him. Joyce is normally too available for his opponent's offense, and that's why the "Juggernaut" nickname suited him so well. Zhang was the first time that his body couldn't hold up, and the immediate rematch only reinforced my belief that Joyce may never be the same. Not everyone is a southpaw like Zhang, and I'm sure his team will use that to dismiss his performances as Joyce simply having a bad night due to styles. We'll eventually find out what those Zhang fights have done to Joyce's punch resistance and his confidence in being able to absorb punishment. See, when AJ got stopped against Ruiz...it made him a more cautious fighter moving forward. If Joyce has indeed suffered any negative effects from facing Zhang, can he make significant adjustments to his style in order to extend his career? I really don't think so.
          I think that he can not change his style. I thik he is limited and has limited boxing IQ.

Comment

Originally posted by kiaba360 View Post

Solid take. I'll be curious to see how Joyce looks going forward. I hope he can bounce back because he's a likable guy and a fun fighter to watch. I don't want him risking his long-term health for our benefit, though.
            kiaba360 kiaba360 likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by James View Post

Expirience. Sep has no promoters. No one signed him. He is unlucky bcs no one wants to sign him.
              He's also unlucky because that's an awful L to have. But if you'd been on here for a while, you'd have seen I was actually really big on Hrgovic when he turned pro, and then started to get attacked once I said that he'd regressed/taken steps backwards in his development. I also think he has trouble going 12 rounds, but luckily for him; most heavyweights in this era do.

Comment

Working...
              X