Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Let's talk about Bud Crawford's current situation...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Let's talk about Bud Crawford's current situation...

Knowing that Showtime is no longer an entity in the boxing business.

Crawford is a free agent. Nobody knows what his contract with PBC is, whether it's long term or short term. Whether he'll be embraced by PBC as their own. The media is not interested in finding out, obviously. So we don't know. What we know is he's not backed by any network or platform. He's not with DAZN, GBP, TR, ESPN, Matchroom, etc.

So how can fights be made around him?

The Australians would be your best bet in which they can setup a fight with Crawford in Australia. I believe they're affiliated with Fox Sports AU.​

What about the rematch with Spence? Then there's Charlo, if you're thinking of PBC-led fights. But this is still not clear.

I think Spence and Crawford will spend the entire 2024 wasting their time doing nothing. They can afford to.

Comment

They're gonna waste Bud's time. He's already 36 and so keeping him inactive for a pbc 154 lber would be good for them. Also they need to find a network which who knows how long it'll take

Comment

Originally posted by maguirre View Post
        Knowing that Showtime is no longer an entity in the boxing business.

Crawford is a free agent. Nobody knows what his contract with PBC is, whether it's long term or short term. Whether he'll be embraced by PBC as their own. The media is not interested in finding out, obviously. So we don't know. What we know is he's not backed by any network or platform. He's not with DAZN, GBP, TR, ESPN, Matchroom, etc.

So how can fights be made around him?

The Australians would be your best bet in which they can setup a fight with Crawford in Australia. I believe they're affiliated with Fox Sports AU.​

What about the rematch with Spence? Then there's Charlo, if you're thinking of PBC-led fights. But this is still not clear.
        He has a contract to fight Spence again. Network is irrelevant in the contract.

After that, I love a Bud vs Tszyu fight, but it happens in vegas not Australia.

If I'm bud, its the Spence rematch, then tszyu at 154 for a title in a 4th weight class. And if Danny Garcia beats Lara. Then a 160 fight against Danny for a title in a 5th weigh class. Then retire.
        Last edited by Hustle; 11-20-2023, 03:03 PM.

Comment

Honestly, I don't think Crawford should move up to 154, he's too small for that weight class, he'll get KO.

Crawford should finish his business with Spence at 147 quickly, fight and beat Boots to reclaim the IBF title or Thurman, and then wait for the top level 140 lbers to move up. The Teos, Haneys, Matias etc.
          Last edited by HandsofIron; 11-20-2023, 03:40 PM.

Comment

Hopefully there's a sunset clause for the Spence rematch so he can walk away. Tszyu and Charlo are the fights he should be aiming for.

Comment

Nobody knows what Spence and Crawford are waiting for.

They're obviously not in a rush for the rematch. Even if they do, what are they supposed to do when Espinoza is no longer there? And we all know the Showtime boss was in the thick of the negotiations in the first fight as the middleman. (Being now the A-side, what is expected of Crawford? Put on a business hat and look for a broadcaster and set everything up?)

Spence is the PBC guy, not Crawford, so what would be the motivation for PBC to make the very lopsided fight again?

That's why the rematch has to be resolved whether it's happening or not, so the sport can move on.
              Last edited by tomhawq; 11-20-2023, 03:34 PM.

Comment

Working...
              X