Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Daily Bread Mailbag: Jaron Ennis, Benavidez-Andrade, Crawford, More

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Daily Bread Mailbag: Jaron Ennis, Benavidez-Andrade, Crawford, More

The Daily Bread Mailbag returns with Stephen "Breadman" Edwards tackling topics such as newly crowned IBF welterweight champion Jaron Ennis, Terence Crawford, Hector Camacho, Ryan Garcia vs. Adrien Broner, David Benavidez vs. Demetrius Andrade, and more.
    [Click Here To Read More]

So it's confirmed that the rematch with Spence is at 154 lbs? I haven't heard that anywhere.

P.S. - latest information on the web is the fight will be at 147 lbs., if it takes place at all since Spence will have a big time problem in making that weight.

From Boxing News 24 dated November 16th, 2023 -

"WBA/WBC/WBO welterweight champion Terence Crawford says his next fight will be against Errol Spence at 147 rather than 154, but he’s not sure about the date because Showtime will no longer broadcast boxing events after this year. The way Crawford’s talking, he’s interested in the rematch with Spence taking place at 147, which would give him an advantage because Errol has outgrown the division and arguably should be campaigning at 160. If he’s coming down in weight from 190 lbs, even 154 would be torture.

Source: Crawford Confirms Spence Rematch Will Be His Next Fight - Boxing News 24 (https://www.************.com/2023/11/crawford-confirms-spence-rematch-will-be-his-next-fight/)"

Last edited by Rockenator; 11-18-2023, 01:04 PM.

Comment

Aaron Pryor's team dropped the ball several times. He could have fought SRL. His team was also sent an offer by Roberto Duran's people, but sat on it for a few weeks. By the time they responded, Duran had moved on.

Comment

What a great read. Love that Bread will put a fan in check and use logic and facts to back his statements. Very refreshing.
        JoeH27 JoeH27 The D3vil The D3vil like this.

Comment

Ennis team getting their money's worth with this publicist. What I don't like is that Bread says anyone that criticizes Crawford or Ennis is a "moron" Well,that cuts off all discussion and is intellectually weak as F.Bootsie is claiming Crawford is ducking. Well that deserves criticism because it's a lie.Team Ennis had 2 opportunities to fight Crawford. But ducked both. An inconvenient fact for Ennis and this publicist.
          Last edited by TonyRespectful; 11-18-2023, 02:25 PM.
          Rockenator Rockenator likes this.

Comment

Bread starting to be less objective mailbag after mailbag. He sounds like a fanboy when it comes to Boots.

DOn't know why Bread roasted the guy for calling out Boots on his career management. It's not like he said Boots is a bum or scared.

Bread needs to understand not everybody has to ride Boots or Bread nuts.

​​​​​
            ​​​​​​

Comment

Originally posted by TonyRespectful View Post
              Ennis team getting their money's worth with this publicist. What I don't like is that Bread says anyone that criticizes Crawford or Ennis is a "moron" Well,that cuts off all discussion and is intellectually weak as F.Bootsie is claiming Crawford is ducking. Well that deserves criticism because it's a lie.Team Ennis had 2 opportunities to fight Crawford. But ducked both. An inconvenient fact for Ennis and this publicist.
              Bread try to keep it real but he has biases like everybody and feel triggered when people critics him or his favourite fighters.

Putting Jones jr over Greb on ATG list is criminal.

He likes emails starting with formula licking his b'utt and you will note that bashing euro fighters like Usyk, Loma, Fury is much more less irritating for him than bashing Davis, Wilder or Ennis.
              But who the F Davis, Ennis or Wilder has ever beaten?

Bread will Say "I 'm a fan of" Usyk, Loma then downplay their achievement. If Bud is an ATG, then so Usyk is ...Spence is not a better win than AJ. Not like AJ is Lennox Lewis but Spence is not Floyd either.

And when he said that"he thought N'gannou edged the fight" vs Fury.
              Nobody with a boxing brain should think N'gannou won since N'gannou was active 3 rounds in the fight.
              Last edited by BillyBoxing; 11-18-2023, 03:18 PM.

Comment

I absolutely love "Salty" Bread. Tells it like it is.

Comment

Originally posted by BillyBoxing View Post

Bread try to keep it real but he has biases like everybody and feel triggered when people critics him or his favourite fighters.

Putting Jones jr over Greb on ATG list is criminal.

He likes emails starting with formula licking his b'utt and you will note that bashing euro fighters like Usyk, Loma, Fury is much more less irritating for him than bashing Davis, Wilder or Ennis.
                  But who the F Davis, Ennis or Wilder has ever beaten?

Bread will Say "I 'm a fan of" Usyk, Loma then downplay their achievement. If Bud is an ATG, then so Usyk is ...Spence is not a better win than AJ. Not like AJ is Lennox Lewis but Spence is not Floyd either.

And when he said that"he thought N'gannou edged the fight" vs Fury.
                  Nobody with a boxing brain should think N'gannou won since N'gannou was active 3 rounds in the fight.
                  How the hell is Spence, who's been on virtually every P4P list, often in the top 5 for 5 or 6 years, not a better victory over a mentally fragile dude who got smoked by Andy Ruiz?

Crawford smoked a universal top 5-10 P4P fighter. Usyk's never beaten anybody on a P4P list

And Bread is one of the biggest GGG defenders on the planet. Last time I checked he was a Euro fighter.

Also, Bread's explained that he can't properly judge Harry Greb because there's virtually no film of him. I think it's a respectable stance, as opposed to fan boys who just started acting like Greb was the greatest thing ever in the last decade without ever having watched him fight.
                  JoeH27 JoeH27 likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by The D3vil View Post

How the hell is Spence, who's been on virtually every P4P list, often in the top 5 for 5 or 6 years, not a better victory over a mentally fragile dude who got smoked by Andy Ruiz?

Crawford smoked a universal top 5-10 P4P fighter. Usyk's never beaten anybody on a P4P list

And Bread is one of the biggest GGG defenders on the planet. Last time I checked he was a Euro fighter.

Also, Bread's explained that he can't properly judge Harry Greb because there's virtually no film of him. I think it's a respectable stance, as opposed to fan boys who just started acting like Greb was the greatest thing ever in the last decade without ever having watched him fight.
                    So, Usyk`s fault is that he is too big to fight welterweights and middleweights on some fictional p4p list.

Last edited by JakeTheBoxer; 11-19-2023, 05:11 AM.

Comment

Working...
                    X