Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Shakur Stevenson Weighs Well Below Lightweight Limit For Title Fight With Edwin De Los Santos

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post

It's not really. It's essentially 1 lb under which happens regularly.
    Ehh not really for guys like Shakur, that I’ve seen others call weight bully. Teo recently moved up to 140 and in his last fight he had to strip down because he was initially over the limit.

Comment

Shakur and Edwin both came in well under limit meaning they both in dog shape! Great overall talent across the whole card can’t wait for tomorrow, let’s goooo!
      messi807 messi807 likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by messi807 View Post

Ehh not really for guys like Shakur, that I’ve seen others call weight bully. Teo recently moved up to 140 and in his last fight he had to strip down because he was initially over the limit.
        I don't care who it is, it's not overly uncommon for fighters to come in 1 lb or so under the weight class limit. It's objectively not "well under the weight limit".

And it's Shakur's third weight class, where it's even less uncommon.

He's also weighed in under the limit in all of those three weight classes he's fought at including his last fight.

Comment

Maybe something was wrong with the scales. With the odds like they are, Edwin can make a killing.

Comment

Shakur is a natural jr. lightweight, so 133.8 for him is standard. Easy work

Comment

At least he has no problem making weight.

Comment

Working...
              X