Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Joshua-Wallin, Wilder-Parker Mega-Card Official For December 23 in Saudi Arabia

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Which fight we looking forward to most? Miller v Dubois for me

Comment

Miller was going in on both Wilder n AJ, moreso for AJ. AJ got pissed. It was great cause otherwise it was a boring press conference.
      Goatintheboat Goatintheboat likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by NoConcoms View Post
        Solid card. I give major respect to AJ for taking that Wallin fight. That's a very high risk/low reward type of situation.
        Low reward?

AJ's getting an opportunity to fight for the soon-to-be vacant belt fed to him in a spoon. How is that low reward? And what is the risk? Wallin has only ever beaten a declining Breazeale in his entire boxing career. Wallin just went a split decision with Gassiev who has never fought a top-50 HW in his life. Otto Wallin is a way, way overrated guy and his rise to fame was a horrible cut on Fury but he couldn't even win that or even make it a close fight. If Otto couldn't beat a top HW who had a massive cut over the eye, what hope does he have against a big, strong opponent?

It is the least risk, highest reward fight out there for AJ at this time.
        Fact Fact likes this.

Comment

I appreciate the card given the inactivity we have had in boxing in recent years and it has some known names, but it feels like a disappointment because while those names are fighting, they are not in the fights we want, except maybe for Dubois-Miller. Also, when the card is made so late, I am afraid we will get the names in there but not the fully prepared fighters showing their best performances.

Comment

Where is / was Andy Ruiz??

Comment

Originally posted by Zelda View Post

Low reward?

This is a stretch to say the least. AJ struggles with Southpaw, as we saw with Usyk. If he loses, his career is just about over at this point. That's what makes it high risk.

And how is a fight with Deontay Wilder in any way, shape, or form a reward?

Comment

Originally posted by GoonFace9917 View Post
                Where is / was Andy Ruiz??
                If they added Ruiz/Zhang I would call this card of the year
                petergodoy24@gmail.com GoonFace9917 likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by NoConcoms View Post

This is a stretch to say the least. AJ struggles with Southpaw, as we saw with Usyk. If he loses, his career is just about over at this point. That's what makes it high risk.

And how is a fight with Deontay Wilder in any way, shape, or form a reward?
                  Usyk is a world-class fighter, not just another Southpaw. Wallin is neither similarly highly skilled nor powerful enough to cause any risk to AJ. I never mentioned Wilder in my post but since you bring that, Wilder would be big money, big reputation, and WBC mandatory.

Comment

This is like one of those crazy Don King stacked cards... on steroids.

(Literally on steroids, seeing as Miller is there.)

Comment

Originally posted by Zelda View Post

Low reward?

AJ's getting an opportunity to fight for the soon-to-be vacant belt fed to him in a spoon. How is that low reward? And what is the risk? Wallin has only ever beaten a declining Breazeale in his entire boxing career. Wallin just went a split decision with Gassiev who has never fought a top-50 HW in his life. Otto Wallin is a way, way overrated guy and his rise to fame was a horrible cut on Fury but he couldn't even win that or even make it a close fight. If Otto couldn't beat a top HW who had a massive cut over the eye, what hope does he have against a big, strong opponent?

I thought the same when I read the post , least risk , highest reward , agreed.

Comment

Working...
                      X