Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Joshua-Wallin, Wilder-Parker Heavyweight Double Explored For December 23 As Part Of Riyadh Season

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Joshua-Wallin, Wilder-Parker Heavyweight Double Explored For December 23 As Part Of Riyadh Season

Anthony Joshua and Deontay Wilder are on course to fight December 23. Just not versus each other. BoxingScene.com has confirmed that plans and opponents are in place for the pair of former heavyweight titlists to appear on the same show in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia. Multiple sources informed Boxing Scene that Joshua is in advanced talks to face Otto Wallin, while Wilder would meet former WBO heavyweight beltholder Joseph Parker.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Well at least we'd see SOMEONE fighting SOMEBODY.

Comment

Originally posted by Mooshashi View Post
      Well at least we'd see SOMEONE fighting SOMEBODY.
      Until it doesn't happen.

Comment

Bivol-Rivera as well
        JakeTheBoxer JakeTheBoxer likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Mammoth View Post
          Bivol-Rivera as well
          Popeye deserves another belt fight after that Badou fight, which I thought he won. I like this fight.

The HW fights seem like solid fights esp on 6wks notice. I'd even give Otto some upset potential. And ideally if Deontay & AJ both win I hope the plan is to line them up across from each other a few mos further down the line.

Comment

Crackin'. Who'd we think for Bakole and Dubois? How about Joyce and Kabayel

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post

Popeye deserves another belt fight after that Badou fight, which I thought he won. I like this fight.

The HW fights seem like solid fights esp on 6wks notice. I'd even give Otto some upset potential. And ideally if Deontay & AJ both win I hope the plan is to line them up across from each other a few mos further down the line.
              They don't need to fight each other at the moment so I doubt that will happen. Beating Wallin lines up Joshua for Hrgovic and the IBF strap. And makes sense for the Wilder v Parker winner to be made the WBC mandatory

Comment

Wallin is a risky opponent! Joshua will have to box well through the whole fight unless he's able to hurt him enough to keep him gunshy..., or of course, stop him. Not sure what to think of Wilder Vs Parker. I thought Parker was shot in recent years but maybe Wilder is shot too at this point...We just don't know. So, this might be a good matchup to find out. At least Parker is a lot smarter and durable than the Nordic Nightmare.

Comment

Originally posted by Goatintheboat View Post

They don't need to fight each other at the moment so I doubt that will happen. Beating Wallin lines up Joshua for Hrgovic and the IBF strap. And makes sense for the Wilder v Parker winner to be made the WBC mandatory
                  I'd like to think the Saudi's aren't paying them big in 6wks to fight for bs belts next. Generally you don't put two name guys like this as co-headliners to NOT have them fight next.

I imagine we will know more about future plans after the presser for this show next week tho so we will see.

Comment

Intrigued as to the broadcaster situation for this, I think it could be quite a big sticking point. I suppose PBC not currently having a TV deal helps for the US, but I really can't see Hearn letting AJ fight on a TNT PPV as it likely would be in the UK if Frank's helping the Saudis put it on ...
                    RJJ-94-02=GOAT RJJ-94-02=GOAT likes this.

Comment

Working...
                    X