No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Jake Paul vs. Andre August Set For December 15 in Orlando

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by IceTrayDaGang View Post
    i know jake is not a real boxer and does not really face real opponents but how is jake able to keep fighting in such short period of time when real actual boxers only fight once a year? this will be Jake's 3rd fight for the year. this is how you make money. why are the real boxers afraid of this?
    You answered your own question, you can fight a bum a month, you cant fight elites but once twice a year, common sense.

Comment

I respect any self made multi millionaire who chooses to get punched in the face when he has absolutely no need to do so.

Even if he is a goof.

Comment

Originally posted by Roadblock View Post

You answered your own question, you can fight a bum a month, you cant fight elites but once twice a year, common sense.
        but who is asking the actual boxers to fight elite 3x a year? I am just speaking in general... why dont pro boxers fight more often... it doesnt have to be against a top level opponent. just someone who is also in the same weight class and is starting to make noise.. for example, if canelo fight a top opponent early in the year and make $40mil, then middle and towards the end of the year, he could fight some lesser comp and make another $10mil per fight. it seems like the pro boxers are afraid that they might lose because then it'll be harder for them when it comes time to negotiate for the next fight.

Comment

but who is asking the actual boxers to fight elite 3x a year? I am just speaking in general... why dont pro boxers fight more often... it doesnt have to be against a top level opponent. just someone who is also in the same weight class and is starting to make noise.. for example, if canelo fight a top opponent early in the year and make $40mil, then middle and towards the end of the year, he could fight some lesser comp and make another $10mil per fight. it seems like the pro boxers are afraid that they might lose because then it'll be harder for them when it comes time to negotiate for the next fight.
          Its not so easy to get fights that build your career as opposed to slowing it, but in the 3 to 8 round group they do fight pretty regularly if they can get them on shows, the top guys rattle up 20/30 fights pretty quick and then its gets real picky as they get near that top shelf, its not really the fights its the camps that are hard grinding work.
          IceTrayDaGang IceTrayDaGang likes this.

Comment

i know jake is not a real boxer and does not really face real opponents but how is jake able to keep fighting in such short period of time when real actual boxers only fight once a year? this will be Jake's 3rd fight for the year. this is how you make money. why are the real boxers afraid of this?
            There is also medical suspension. We are no longer in 1940, where a guy was beaten for 30 minutes, then a month later he had another fight. marked, and at the age of 30 he could no longer formulate a sentence. The level of competition rises, so the fighter suffers more damage, undergoes more demanding training and in the process does not get younger.

Comment

Paul is in control of his own professional career and he can fight as many times, or as few times, as he so desires. Can't stand him personally but I respect his business model.
              He's taken promoters out of the equation. Boxing would be way better off without the Arums, Warrens and Hearns of the world. Imagine if soccer or football or baseball teams needed promoters to set up matches....would be horrible; just like today's boxing world.

Comment

Working...
              X