Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Prograis On Facing Haney: Not Gonna Be Skill Versus Power; Gonna Be Skill Versus Skill

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Prograis On Facing Haney: Not Gonna Be Skill Versus Power; Gonna Be Skill Versus Skill

Regis Prograis corrected Eddie Hearn during an outdoor press conference late Tuesday morning in San Francisco. Prograis' promoter referred to the strong southpaw's fight against Devin Haney as a classic case of "skill [versus] power." The taller, right-handed Haney is commonly considered one of the most skillful fighters in boxing, whereas Prograis'
    [Click Here To Read More]

Haney, arguably, has the a H.O.F jab.. and hug.. lol

UD Haney, unfortunately. Would like it to be a ****er, but both will be hesitant, as most boxers are.
    STREET CLEANER STREET CLEANER likes this.

Comment

I like Prograis, if he had slightly quicker feet, I'd pick him to stop Haney.

I think he's very underrated and dangerous at his best, I just think his movement and feet might mean Haney will be able to stay at range for long periods.

He should do a lot of work at closing range in camp. If he can find a way to do it effectively, I think Haney will be in trouble.

This isn't a midget Loma. nor is it Kambosos who is only good if you fight on the front foot against him and let him counter.

This is a good fight. Prograis is a solid 140 with good ability and power. It simply depends on his preparation on how to get past the jab and hug.
      Last edited by deathofaclown; 11-07-2023, 09:53 AM.
      STREET CLEANER STREET CLEANER likes this.

Comment

3-1 ... Depending on the movement of the odds, I might have to drop some money on Regis. My brain says Haney UD especially after the Zorrila fight. Prograis was slightly exposed with an average fighter who kept range well so imagine Haney who absolutely sticks to the plan and fights at a very high level at a distance. Plus Regis has short arms. My heart for some reason thinks Prograis might clip him and make it interesting. I want Prograis to win but my money says Haney.

Comment

Prograis is highly skilled. His skills just get over shadowed by his heavy hands. Can he match foot speed with Haney is the question. Haney is a pure boxer and Zorilla, given he was boxing the whole night, gave Prograis all kinds of problems until he got inside. He's most like gonna hafta get inside on Haney and make him uncomfortable if he wants to win this one.

Comment

I'm going to bet on Prograis and then go buy me some gumbo!

Comment

Originally posted by Griever0730 View Post
              Prograis is highly skilled. His skills just get over shadowed by his heavy hands. Can he match foot speed with Haney is the question. Haney is a pure boxer and Zorilla, given he was boxing the whole night, gave Prograis all kinds of problems until he got inside. He's most like gonna hafta get inside on Haney and make him uncomfortable if he wants to win this one.
              Get inside on Haney? Not going to happen. As soon as you get within reach of Haney he thinks you're looking for a hug. It's amazing to me how he gets away with hugging so much. It would be interesting to find out how many times Haney actually hugs in a 12 round fight.

Comment

Haney wins this by wide UD. Prograis has punchers chance. Though Linares was able to rock Haney, lets see if Prograis is able to do something.

Comment

Originally posted by Griever0730 View Post
                  Haney got world class jab. Best of luck to Prograis trying get inside

Comment

Originally posted by illpapi View Post

Get inside on Haney? Not going to happen. As soon as you get within reach of Haney he thinks you're looking for a hug. It's amazing to me how he gets away with hugging so much. It would be interesting to find out how many times Haney actually hugs in a 12 round fight.
                    Lol. You a fool for that. But yea, getting inside on Haney is a whole different fight in it's own. His jab is probably his greatest weapon. I agree that he does get away with alot of holding, but if the ref does nothing about it, what can be done? Prograis gonna hafta figure out how to bypass that if he wants to win. Can't stay at long range with a pure boxer like Haney.

Comment

Working...
                    X