Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Demetrius Andrade: You're Gonna See Me at My Best Finesse Game Against Benavidez

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Demetrius Andrade: You're Gonna See Me at My Best Finesse Game Against Benavidez

Demetrius Andrade might be a bit older, but he's finally gotten his big-fight wish. On November 25th, at the Michelob Ultra Arena in Las Vegas, Nevada, the 35-year-old will take on David Benavidez.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Booboo is going to smell the place out. Finesse? Thats not what I want to hear.

Comment

"Finesse" ..aka run his ass off and pot-shot. Gonna be tough to win like that.
      SUBZER0ED SUBZER0ED likes this.

Comment

I see either a boring fight with Andrade running or him getting beat up if he tries to exchange. Fight’s definitely worth tuning into for 3-6 rounds.

Comment

He always appears off balance to me. He's going to get knocked down several times.

Comment

It does not matter the level of finesse BooBoo brings to the table, DB will wear him down with relentless pressure, eventually getting to him, tagging him and stopping him late. DB is a younger taller version of a prime GGG with a better engine. Another reason why the Canelo vs DB is such a compelling fight. A 2021 version of Canelo I would give a 55-45 chance against this DB. The current version of Canelo it's a 50-50 fight using the template of the second GGG fight with Nelo coming forward. It's the only way to stop DB. If you don't hurt him or counter him early and hard by giving him something to think about, something to make him hesitant, he just steamrollers you. That fight is a war! Many people criticised Charlo for his 'poor' performance against Nelo. They forget that facing and beating Nelo is not an easy thing to do. Plus, no one mentions his high-altitude training and the improved effect it had on his stamina. I cannot detect a discernible drop-off in his output in the late rounds. And clearly the repaired wrist allowed him to land his vaunted body punches with full power. Hopefully, that fight materialises. I actually think the Morell fight is more dangerous for Nelo. DB is almost tailor-made for Nelo but Morell is almost Boots-like in his style, which presents Bivol-like problems for Nelo. My implied probability prediction for DB vs BooBoo is 65|35 for DB.
            Last edited by midastouch; 11-07-2023, 01:35 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by damned1974 View Post
              "Finesse" ..aka run his ass off and pot-shot. Gonna be tough to win like that.
              Not really....judges favor that style nowadays.
              dannnnn dannnnn likes this.

Comment

Here’s to him doing well

we don’t know just how good this guy is

This his first real test
                Goatintheboat Goatintheboat likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by MONGOOSE66 View Post
                  I see either a boring fight with Andrade running or him getting beat up if he tries to exchange. Fight’s definitely worth tuning into for 3-6 rounds.
                  You won't go into Fan Dual and bet that not even for $5?
                  TreD TreD likes this.

Comment

He wins who cares it won’t be exciting because of Andrade

Comment

Working...
                    X