Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Raymond Muratalla Drops, Stops Diego Torres In 8th Round On Ajagba-Goodall Undercard

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by messi807 View Post

Raymond looks the real deal for sure. I don’t believe anyone will be looking to get in with him anytime soon
    Hopefully he will be able to build his resume from this point forward to be able get the opportunities. I think he will get more dangerous from here on out if they don't try to take him on before he racks on some experience at the top level.

From what I saw in Esnews, apparently despite taking stay busy fights in the process and training at the gym, he was mostly in college for a degree in criminal justice during the global pandemic and had just finished in 2023, now he is fully focusing on his career as a professional boxer.​
    Last edited by Feroz; 11-05-2023, 08:52 PM.
    messi807 messi807 likes this.

Comment

Good win for Muratalla. He's a real player at 135 and could give Stevenson a good fight on size alone among his other attributes.

Comment

Originally posted by Feroz View Post

Hopefully he will be able to build his resume from this point forward to be able get the opportunities. I think he will get more dangerous from here on out if they don't try to take him on before he racks on some experience at the top level.

From what I saw in Esnews, apparently despite taking stay busy fights in the process and training at the gym, he was mostly in college for a degree in criminal justice during the global pandemic and had just finished in 2023, now he is fully focusing on his career as a professional boxer.​
        Damn. Impressive. I’m definitely a fan, just heard Robert Garcia tweet something hilarious in regards to a fight between him vs Tank. 135 and 140 is stacked. But sadly I think Muratalla will be ducked at 135. With the amount of lightweights Top Rank has, it shouldn’t be the case
        El Escorpion Feroz likes this.

Comment

Damn. Impressive. I’m definitely a fan, just heard Robert Garcia tweet something hilarious in regards to a fight between him vs Tank. 135 and 140 is stacked. But sadly I think Muratalla will be ducked at 135. With the amount of lightweights Top Rank has, it shouldn’t be the case
          Robert erased his comment, which was about the conditions (rehydration/catchweight) and gloves that tank would pick for them. With Tank retorting that Raymond looked like ass prior to deleting his tweet.

I think Muratalla will have opportunities now that he showcased his abilities to Top Rank along with having Robert as his manager. Hope to see him fight well known contenders next year.

Feels refreshing seeing such a complete fighter with solid pop besides Tank, if Devin stayed at 135, feel like the Raymond would had been a problem with him being a switch hitter (ambidextrous) that has power and lacking the physical disadvantages that fighters like Diaz/Loma had.
          Last edited by Feroz; 11-06-2023, 01:18 PM.
          messi807 messi807 likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Feroz View Post

Robert erased his comment, which was about the conditions (rehydration/catchweight) and gloves that tank would pick for them. With Tank retorting that Raymond looked like ass prior to deleting his tweet.

I think Muratalla will have opportunities now that he showcased his abilities to Top Rank along with having Robert as his manager. Hope to see him fight well known contenders next year.

Feels refreshing seeing such a complete fighter with solid pop besides Tank, if Devin stayed at 135, feel like the Raymond would had been a problem with him being a switch hitter (ambidextrous) that has power and lacking the physical disadvantages that fighters like Diaz/Loma had.
            Yeah, I like Devin but Ray would’ve game him hell. I just heard him mention Keyshawn’s name. That’s another great fight. Hopefully these lightweights start getting in the ring with each other
            El Escorpion Feroz likes this.

Comment

Yeah, I like Devin but Ray would’ve game him hell. I just heard him mention Keyshawn’s name. That’s another great fight. Hopefully these lightweights start getting in the ring with each other
              Despite Keyshawn already being in the rankings, he is still considered a prospect although he is already nearing to his prime considering his amateur background and Olympic pedigree, he had mostly made easy work of three veterans (Yigit, Patera and Albright), but still lacks a recognizable name.

Might be ready in 2024 but who knows.

Top Rank has:
              Jamaine Ortiz who still proclaims himself a contender at lightweight in the media (twitter/instagram)
              George Kambosos
              Shuichiro Yoshino
              Maxi Hugues
              Giovanni Cabrera
              Denys Berinchyk

Personally I would love it if he fought William Zepeda who fought and stopped RGBA's stablemate Hector Tanajara in the sixth round, who had a draw a with Miguel Contreras a year after who then was stopped by Muratalla in the sixth round as well. Now Zepeda has defeated Joseph Diaz and Mercito Gesta with Muratalla beating two rangy knockout artists in Jeremiah Nakathila and undefeated Diego Torres in one sided fashion.

Would be pretty interesting to see.
              Last edited by Feroz; 11-07-2023, 08:23 PM.

Comment

Working...
              X