Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

why is it that when calzaghe retired..besides carl froch..no 1 gave a damn??

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Allucard View Post
    I think the least he could do was defending against someone more capable. You can't really say he beat the best as he was in fact knocked down in both fights vs Jones and Hopkins. That leaves something to prove wouldn't you agree? He did school Lacy and Kessler but those aren't really great fighters.

All in all, Joe Calzaghe has beat great fighters, and has beat prime fighters. He just didn't beat any prime great fighters and that's something he could probably do in Dawson, the lineal champion at LHW.
    He was knocked down by Jones and Hopkins, but also turned those knockdowns around and made both guys look like the old men they truly are.

Dawson is not a great prime fighter either. He is a good champion just as Kessler was. Calzaghe was getting up there in years himself and felt it was time to go. He could have done more in the early stages of his championship career, but he did just fine in the later stages.

Comment

Bhop destroyed Calzaghe...in the number of headbutts, clinches, and faking of low blows to gain rest because you are out of shape. Sorry, but Joe beat both Bhop and Jones fairly easily. The Bhop fight was closer because, like he had since passing 33, Joe was a very slow starter and Bhop decided to try to hold onto the lead and hold onto Joe the whole fight. Bhop is a well known *******ual, his "downlow" photos I have been told have been published all over the internet and because of this he spent most of the fight trying to cuddle with Joe and eventually "presented" himself. Joe even closed his eyes at one point to avoid Bhop's *******ual stare. It was disgusting. What people do in their own homes is their business, but Bhop needs to keep that sodomy stuff out of the ring. There is no clamor because there is no one worthy of clamoring. Vitali was worthy of a rematch against Lewis, but had Vitali's name been Victor Brown from Harlem, people would unanimously agree that he did enough against Lewis to prove that he was a worthy successor.

Comment

If nothing else, than look at the punchstats! Calzaghe landed at least a 100 more punches!

Comment

Good thread. Joe was fun too watch but i don't miss him at all. I was desperate for Mayweather to come back.

Comment

why is it that when calzaghe retired..besides carl froch..no AMERICAN gave a damn??

Answer: Ignorance.

Comment

No really big fights for him to come back for. Except a UK megafight with Froch.

Comment

Originally posted by Cotto-Rulez View Post
                Because Sven Ottke exists, Calzaghe has been eclipsed by the great Ottke and had to live in his shadow, you mother****ers have no idea on how it feels to be an undefeated fighter in Ottke's Era. You have to look everywhere when you cross the street, when you take a ****, eat or even have ***. Ottke might be in a closet waiting carefully to take the 0 out of your record.

Roy.Jr and B-Hop could live well and get their props coz they were protected in America fighting guys like Trinidad, Tarver, Taylor, Toney,etc.. all bums.

Calzaghe had to duck Ottke and the travesty has been exposed. Deep inside every boxing fan knows it.

"best german boxer ever" " better than ****ing calzaghe"
                I had goosebumps watching this fantastic video.

You're a very funny poster man, it was a great one, green K.

Comment

Working...
                X