Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

why is it that when calzaghe retired..besides carl froch..no 1 gave a damn??

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by larry x View Post
    there is absolutly no demand for his return..yet years later people still would pay to see lennox lewis return????im not knocking joe he was a good fighter..but why does he have 0 demand??
    The only reason people would like to see LL return is because of that thing between him and Vitali. And because the division is pretty weak now. And youre a tosser.

Comment

there is absolutly no demand for his return..yet years later people still would pay to see lennox lewis return????im not knocking joe he was a good fighter..but why does he have 0 demand??
      Calzaghe retired when the time was right. So did Lewis.. there has been no 'demand' for his return, either; there's been far more calls for a Calzaghe v. B-Hop rematch. Lewis coming back (which is a non-starter) only ever gets dragged up as, the Klits apart, the quality of the HW division is so poor. Unlike Holyfield, he doesn't need the money.

I don't like to see any boxer come back after real retirement (as opposed to a Mayweather style sabbatical). 9 times out of 10 it's a huge mistake.

Comment

Originally posted by Shattered Jaw View Post
        Well why then do you say 'Noone wants to see him come out of retirement'?

If he came out for one last fight here in the UK he'd sell out Wembley (100,000 seats) fighting Manfredo II.

However, I do in a way see what you are trying to say. I would say people are generally satisfied with Joe's career and wish him the best - no need to keep fighting. He has made good money and won the people's respect. Long may he enjoy retirement.
        yeah and he gets to shag serbian dancers. sounds like a good plan to me.

Comment

Originally posted by mangler View Post
          Joe did all he could do. Cleaned out 168, won the title at 175, beat RJ. All that was left was Dawson, which woulda been relevant, but nobody woulda gotten excited over. Same wit a Bhop rematch. No reason for him to come back, so nobody cared.
          I think the least he could do was defending against someone more capable. You can't really say he beat the best as he was in fact knocked down in both fights vs Jones and Hopkins. That leaves something to prove wouldn't you agree? He did school Lacy and Kessler but those aren't really great fighters.

All in all, Joe Calzaghe has beat great fighters, and has beat prime fighters. He just didn't beat any prime great fighters and that's something he could probably do in Dawson, the lineal champion at LHW.

Comment

Originally posted by Sir Tom Jones View Post
            yeah and he gets to shag serbian dancers. sounds like a good plan to me.
            Serbian?!? Who's the Serbian dancer?

Comment

He was never a popular fighter in the US, and with the exception of Dawson and Froch, didnt have alot of potential big fights left on the table.

Comment

what do you want? some sort of circus act?

Comment

Originally posted by Allucard View Post
                  I think the least he could do was defending against someone more capable. You can't really say he beat the best as he was in fact knocked down in both fights vs Jones and Hopkins. That leaves something to prove wouldn't you agree? He did school Lacy and Kessler but those aren't really great fighters.

All in all, Joe Calzaghe has beat great fighters, and has beat prime fighters. He just didn't beat any prime great fighters and that's something he could probably do in Dawson, the lineal champion at LHW.
                  A fail on so many levels.

Comment

boxing fans or sports fans in general dont like senior citizen abusers.

Comment

Originally posted by Benncollinsaad View Post
                      Serbian?!? Who's the Serbian dancer?

lol

Comment

Working...
                      X