Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Carl Froch Slams Fury-KSI: Everyone Agrees How **** It Was, Probably Worst Fight I've Seen

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lol wtf did he expect!? Ksi is not is boxer. I hope he was at least getting paid to watch and comment on it.

Comment

i had it 0-0
      letsgochump letsgochump likes this.

Comment

“Think of how ****** the average person is, and realize half of them are ******er than that.” -George Carlin

​This quote comes to mind when thinking someone actually paid to watch this "fight" and others like it. Funny and sad. Back in the day fights of this level in skill happened in sleazy night clubs on a show like Jersey Shore but now they are PPVs like real boxing matches.

Comment

5 years into Tommy Fury's "Professional" boxing career, he's fought opponents with a combined record of: 31-176-5 and just struggled to get a decision in a 6 rounder vs a youtuber.

I really hope Tommy knows he's a fraud and is putting on an act for paydays and doesn't actually think he's legit in any way.

Comment

I didn't and don't give a crap about this fight. Froch does amuse me though. He's like the Roy Keane of boxing.

Comment

Was this really one of the "biggest ppvs of all-time" as the commentators said? If so, that's embarrassing. There was such little interest in this fight that the popular boxing torrent site that I use doesn't even have it. I ended up watching the "highlights" which were boring, so luckily I didn't sit through the whole thing.

Comment

Originally posted by bullydean View Post

I mention the uppercut as a critique, not an argument.
                While KSI ducks down for the clinch. BOOM UPPERCUT!
                KSI holding with his body exposed. BOOM UPPERCUT!
                Tommy didn't have the IQ or experience to use it when it's the punch that would seriously end these Youtubers. Tommy got hit because he made the mistake of throwing an uppercut without settings it up and KSI happened to throw his punch at the exact same time. It was a lack of IQ on both sides.

I said decent footwork is moving in and out while creating angles quickly. To do that you have to be light on your feet. Tommy is not a boxer, he's a puncher. His feet are usually planted on the ground allowing him to throw big punches when he has the chance. He can't side step or create angles because his feet are planted on the ground.
                KSI was not light on his feet. Anyone can hop and move to avoid engaging. Once KSI lunged or threw a punch he stopped moving because he has no footwork. Whenever Tommy moved in with a 1-2 KSI did nothing but lunge forward. That's why guys like AJ and Wilder can move around the ring, but once they commit to a punch the footwork is gone because they aren't light on their feet.

Fury occasionally landed his right hand because KSI didn't have the footwork to avoid it. That's your first good critique. Terrible feints from Tommy. I don't think Tommy has the experience to properly use feints and he won't learn with his current opposition so he shouldn't have even attempted to even use it agaisnt KSI.
                However, feints mean nothing in this fight. KSI's gameplan was to bend over, lunge, and hold. A decent feint wouldn't have changed anything when the gameplan was to hold as soon as he was cornered. That's my point that Tommy couldn't do anything when his opponent wasn't trying to win.

I agree that Fury could have done better in the clinch which is why I bring up the uppercut, but the reason I brought up KSI doing nothing but slapping Tommy in the back was in response to you claiming KSI was working Tommy in the clinch which is false. After the first 2 rounds Tommy adjusted and got some legitimate shots in on KSI during the clinches.

Canelo's gameplan against Smith and Charlo was to destroy their biceps because they couldn't find a away around their guard. Against GGG in the third fight and Chavez Jr Canelo smacked more gloves and forearms than he did the head and body. My point being even the best in the world are ineffective against people simply trying to survive.

No, I clearly said Tommy's terrible defense was the reason he was getting hit. The reason I point out KSI's inefficient punches is because they were quick sloppy punches thrown sloppily. It's like sparing someone and they throw a sloppy half assed punch out of nowhere just to throw a punch. The intent of the punch wasn't to counter, create distance, or hurt his opponent, it was just a awkward punch to tie Tommy up. That's why in the post fight conference Tommy says they were planning on a scrappy fight, not a literal clown. Even Tommy, without being asked about his performance, admits he was useless and awful because he thought KSI was actually going to put up a fight. That's why if neither one of them wants a rematch Tommy plans to move on to real fighters again (allegedly).
                KSI was working with Fury in the clinch and I think the punch stats prove that. Furthermore, even if Fury did set up the uppercut it's still being thrown from to far out so he's still getting caught with the Overhand. I don't see how KSI landing a punch is bad IQ.

​​​​​​Its not KSI fault, Fury cannot adjust his feet to catch him lunging in or jumping on his feet. Everything Tommy did was terrible and nothing you say changes that. The fact you're hanging onto an uppercut when Fury couldn't even land a jab is embarrassing.

Comment

Originally posted by unknowledgeablepugilist View Post

KSI was working with Fury in the clinch and I think the punch stats prove that. Furthermore, even if Fury did set up the uppercut it's still being thrown from to far out so he's still getting caught with the Overhand. I don't see how KSI landing a punch is bad IQ.

​​​​​​Its not KSI fault, Fury cannot adjust his feet to catch him lunging in or jumping on his feet. Everything Tommy did was terrible and nothing you say changes that. The fact you're hanging onto an uppercut when Fury couldn't even land a jab is embarrassing.
                  The score cards beg to differ.

You obviously can't read. I said Tommy's poor use of his uppercut was one of the reasons why he was awful. A uppercut could have salvaged the fight but Tommy lacked the IQ and experience to use it. I'm using the uppercut as a critique on his performance, not a plus.

Yeah so you're wrong about footwork and the inefficiency of fighting someone who only wants to survive. Now you have to cope with being wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by bullydean View Post

The score cards beg to differ.

You obviously can't read. I said Tommy's poor use of his uppercut was one of the reasons why he was awful. A uppercut could have salvaged the fight but Tommy lacked the IQ and experience to use it. I'm using the uppercut as a critique on his performance, not a plus.

Yeah so you're wrong about footwork and the inefficiency of fighting someone who only wants to survive. Now you have to cope with being wrong.
                    Not really wrong just stating it how it is. Like Fury could of done a lot more against someone trying survive and the embarrassing thing about it is the punch stats. Supposedly someone trying win and the other survive yet there identical almost. As for the footwork situation, you don't have to be light on your feet to have good foot work it's more about positioning.

Comment

Then don't watch and don't talk about this trash.

Comment

Working...
                      X