Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Joe Smith's Promoter Feels Scores Were Way Too Wide in Loss To Ramirez

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I agree with De Guardia... a ridiculous bit of scoring.
    Don't think Joe won... but it was closer than the cards dealt.
    I had it 96-94, but maybe 97-93 would've also been fair.
    Joe was definitely landing some hard leather on Ramiriez.
    All it will take will be a good KO win for Joe to get back into the picture.
    Hope we haven't seen the last of him... he makes for some fun fights for the fans.
    TheOneAboveAll TheOneAboveAll likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by b Murphington View Post

Ramirez swept the first 3 rds pretty clean. Smith had a good 4th or 5th I believe. One of those rds. So through 5, it was 4 - 1 Ramirez. Smith made the last 3 rds pretty competitive. Ramirez felt Smiths power for sure, but he was never in any real trouble.

So max you could have it, is 96-94 and that’s if you gave Joe all the swing rds.

So scoring rd by rd, 99-91 is acceptable, but it’s not giving any credit to Smith’s work in the swing rds.
      Yes, I have to say that apart from really excellent footwork and head movement, Zurdo showed a very solid chin when he needed it. Smith connected with several clean, hard shots which would have hurt or even dropped many other fighters, but Ramirez took them in stride.

Comment

Originally posted by TheOneAboveAll View Post

It was a 97-93 type of fight. Zurdo controlled the fight and was surprisingly mobile and slick throughout the 10 rows, but Smith gave constant pressure and had many good moments with some clean, hard punches that should’ve earned him a few rounds. There’s no question that Ramirez was the better fighter and that he should have won a clean decision, but all three judges giving him 9 rounds was surprising.
        appreciate it, i could not think of Joe Jr. not giving a good effort in the ring. If he lost in fair judgement that is fine i suppose sometimes a close fight is often not shown on the scorecards so now i know. The cards did not express how the fight was fought or won would be how i am hearing you.

Comment

Originally posted by PunchyPotorff View Post
          I agree with De Guardia... a ridiculous bit of scoring.
          Don't think Joe won... but it was closer than the cards dealt.
          I had it 96-94, but maybe 97-93 would've also been fair.
          Joe was definitely landing some hard leather on Ramiriez.
          All it will take will be a good KO win for Joe to get back into the picture.
          Hope we haven't seen the last of him... he makes for some fun fights for the fans.
          maybe he will stay at 190 ? or go back to 175 i have not heard anything but i like that he held his own and looked more fluent in the ring that is good to know esp when jumping up in weight.
          PunchyPotorff PunchyPotorff likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by 57Blues View Post

appreciate it, i could not think of Joe Jr. not giving a good effort in the ring. If he lost in fair judgement that is fine i suppose sometimes a close fight is often not shown on the scorecards so now i know. The cards did not express how the fight was fought or won would be how i am hearing you.
            Yes, one could make the case for a 96-94 card. Joe fought hard but he was out slicked for the most part.

Comment

Originally posted by TheOneAboveAll View Post

Yes, one could make the case for a 96-94 card. Joe fought hard but he was out slicked for the most part.
              i do not think there will be any trickery in the fight on Showtime Sat-Nite. It should be a knock out no cards needed please. And please let the two men fight inside the ring, should be fun suppose we will get a undercard of two ? i will say it again Showtime has the ability to have those who do not follow boxing closely to get a look at the sport. For that and some of the many cards they put up appreciate them putting the fights up on air. Me i could watch two **** fight over a pc of garbage out in the Alley and get interested but that is me.......

Comment

Working...
              X