No announcement yet.

Name Some Big Marquee Wins In Boxing History Where A Fighter Came Off A Layoff

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You don't have to look that far.

Benavidez was 10 months and 4 days layoff.

Plant was 5 months and 10 days layoff, which is not even considered one.

Comment

It doesn't happen much. If you did win/loss stats on it I'd bet a 12mo or longer layoff going in a legit big fight between top ten guy wins under 25% of the time.

Comment

Originally posted by MPDKSAB View Post
        Frazier came off a 5 month layoff..

SRL that's a good one but did he win? Ehh

I swear dudes on this site are remedial, this shìt not even about Floyd take that shìt somewhere else.​
        SRL over Hagler after a 1mo shy of 3yr layoff maybe the best layoff W in history. At very least its gotta be in the running for one of the best layoff W's in history. Thats a HOFer vs HOFer fight.
        bballchump11 bballchump11 likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Brother Mouzone View Post
          Ali after 3 1/2 years vs Jerry Quarry. Foreman vs Moore 17 month layoff but he was fckn 45 , TITO (close to 2 1/2 years) vs Mayorga.
          Hmm
          Originally posted by tomhawq View Post
          You don't have to look that far.

Benavidez was 10 months and 4 days layoff.

Plant was 5 months and 10 days layoff, which is not even considered one.
          Ironically I didn't really TRY to think of any when I made the thread lol. I just thought about the question because of Canelo Charlo etc. But when I did put a little thought into it this did come to mind.​

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post

SRL over Hagler after a 1mo shy of 3yr layoff maybe the best layoff W in history. At very least its gotta be in the running for one of the best layoff W's in history. Thats a HOFer vs HOFer fight.

Leonard moved up to Hagler's weight class too.

the WW to MW move is the hardest in boxing.

look what happened to a massive, active prime WW in Kell Brook. 5 rounds.

Comment

Mayweather's win over Marquez skill for skill is one of the most impressive wins after a exodus in the past 25 years 'Floyd Mayweather Junior still weighed in at 146 pounds, 1 pound under the 147 weight limit'.

Marquez I personally don't think won a single round 'Maybe 1 round at most' etc.

Comment

Working...
              X