No announcement yet.

Canelo is a boring fighter

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jose L. View Post
    reason Canelo fight boring is because T.P.T.B. (The Powers That Be) in boxing told him to NOT KO opponents so that Canelo does not look spectacular in the ring & becomes boring to watch because he's Mexican and TPTB don't want Mexico to have another KO Superstar like past Mexican champions such as- Julio Cesar Chavez Sr., and many other past Mexican greats, because they dont want the world to keep on knowing & thinking that Mexico is great in boxing.
    Interesting theory...

Comment

I remember watching the Gayweather/Baldomir fight and they showed Tiger Woods get up and leave mid fight. I mean if that didn't let people know how boring of a boxer Gayweather was, that a golfer said "f.uck this boring sh.it, I'm out", then I don't know what is!
      dan-b dan-b likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by hugh grant View Post
        At least Nelo fights who people want him to. At least we know Nelo beats Floyd at any weight above 160
        ____

Comment

Originally posted by djtmal View Post

Nah Bro it's worse than that.

Dude had to stop a reporter talking to his young protege because he said he was one of the all time best:

https://youtube.com/shorts/cCbn79oQ1...Hx_Vlr0iwx8q0f

I mean, the reporter isn't lying. Thats just total insecurity. Dude couldn't even allow his own fighter to get his needed exposure. Literally shoved the kid out the way. Somebody needs to talk to this clown seriously. Reporter should have had the balls to stop Floyd in his tracks and continue interviewing the young fighter.

Funny I don't remember Roger or his pops doing anything like that to him when he was starting out.
          That journalist allowed himself to be gaslit and dominated publicly. He should have said "Why are you making this about you? I said you're one of the greatest, I genuinely don't think you're the greatest, let me continue interviewing the young boxer."

Comment

Lol username checks out

Comment

Originally posted by El_Maldito_Rey View Post
              I remember watching the Gayweather/Baldomir fight and they showed Tiger Woods get up and leave mid fight. I mean if that didn't let people know how boring of a boxer Gayweather was, that a golfer said "f.uck this boring sh.it, I'm out", then I don't know what is!
              I don't remember half the arena walking out of a Canelo Alvarez fight, like they did with Floyd vs. Baldymir

Comment

Originally posted by hugh grant View Post
                At least Nelo fights who people want him to. At least we know Nelo beats Floyd at any weight above 160

What are you talking about, people have been asking him to defend his titles against David Benavidez for 4 fights now and hes done the following:

- jumped to 175 for high risk fight with built in excuse that hes too small
                - 40 year old geriatric GGG
                - Ryder
                - Jermell the smaller twin from 2 divisions below.

Nobody asked for ANY of those fights. Hes went 4 fights in a row fighting guys nobody wanted to see

Comment

Originally posted by dan-b View Post
                  Is he boring or have we just seen too much of him? It's possible to reach fatigue with certain fighters.

We seen the same style out of him since his move to 168 and with little variation. I do miss him throwing combinations and counter punching. Look when he fought Khan he boxed him and countered him, he knocked him out with a timed counter shot.

Jermell he just did the same thing over and over and barely got any head shots in and didnt make any adjustments and didnt set up his shots with jabs or feints which is why jermell could eat them and never got knocked out.

Comment

Originally posted by elfag View Post

We seen the same style out of him since his move to 168 and with little variation. I do miss him throwing combinations and counter punching. Look when he fought Khan he boxed him and countered him, he knocked him out with a timed counter shot.

Jermell he just did the same thing over and over and barely got any head shots in and didnt make any adjustments and didnt set up his shots with jabs or feints which is why jermell could eat them and never got knocked out.
                    - - Boxrec Fans overrule BS Flea Weights...
                    Saul Alvarez W-UD Jermell Charlo
                    Judges 118-109 | 118-109 | 119-108 Fans 120-107

Comment

Originally posted by Floyd is TBE View Post
                      He's pillow fisted with a low punch output. His last three fights have fights have been snoozefests.

And before someone brings up Mayweather: At least with Floyd you were going to see a technical masterpiece every time he fought, and if you weren't interested in the finer aspects of boxing at least the build to the fight was going to entertain you. With Canelo you get none of that. I seriously can't remember the last time I felt like I got my moneys worth from a Canelo fight.
                      Actually, for the most part, his opponents are boring.

Comment

Working...
                      X