Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Prograis Predicts Easy Fight With Haney: I Will Hurt This Kid; It's Going To Be A Massacre!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tatabanya View Post

I believe Loma (who, let me be clear, I prefer to Haney) didn't do really enough to win that fight. Same miscalculation of the Teofimo Lopez fight, in a way.
    You wanted Loma to kill Haney to get the win???
    I mean, Haney landed one shot while getting his head separated from his body by 3-4-5 punches to the head.

Loma won that one clearly.

Comment

Originally posted by eco1 View Post

I mean, Haney landed one shot while getting his head separated from his body by 3-4-5 punches to the head.

I will watch the fight again. The one time I did watch it, I felt that Haney was controlling the bulk of the action, whereas Loma - as you correctly say - landed a few more significant punches. Overall, I saw it as a rather balanced fight that many people thought Loma won, because of the aforementioned meaningful punching.

To put things in context, just think that I was a big Sergey Kovalev fan, but in their controversial first fight I had Andre Ward up three points at the end. I try to watch fights in a detached way. I can always be wrong, needless to say, and I'll be the fist to admit it.
      eco1 eco1 likes this.

Comment

I'd love Prograis to be right on this.
        But I think he gets out-boxed by Haney.
        At this stage Haney's team don't take on fights they can't win.

Comment

Originally posted by eco1 View Post

I'm a Loma fan. And I intensely dislike Haney's style (jab, run, hit, hug)
          But I admit Loma didn't do enough as a challenger.

Comment

I believe Loma (who, let me be clear, I prefer to Haney) didn't do really enough to win that fight. Same miscalculation of the Teofimo Lopez fight, in a way.
            Tatabanya, has sound boxing analysis skills, because Lomachenko could've beaten both Lopez, and Haney.
            But he didn't through caution to the wind, at key point's in those two fight's, and he got hustled/outpointed.
            Tatabanya Tatabanya likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Boricua181 View Post

Tatabanya, has sound boxing analysis skills, because Lomachenko could've beaten both Lopez, and Haney.
              But he didn't through caution to the wind, at key point's in those two fight's, and he got hustled/outpointed.
              We could say that Loma has not really understood how certain things work in boxing. As in many other aspects of life, the appearance is as important as the skills (unjustly, I add - but that's the harsh truth). Lomachenko displays his huge skills only when he feels like...

Comment

Originally posted by PBR Streetgang View Post
                I like Regis, I will be rooting for him when he fights Haney (who I'm ambivalent to). I think it's a tough matchup for Rougarou as Haney is a much better boxer and Regis is there to be hit.

Prograis is going to need to catch Devin with a shot he doesn't see and then avoid the hugging and go for the finish. No shot he outboxes Devin and wins more rounds.
                good thing for prograis that haney has pillows in his fists and no power at all. prograis just needs to make it a rough and ugly fight haney has shown he is hittable he's not pernell whittaker. I remember diaz rocking him pretty good. catching him plenty of times with solid shots. haney's clinching won't be as effective he's not going up against small lightweights here.....

PBR Streetgang PBR Streetgang likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Can't Be Touched. View Post
                  good thing for prograis that haney has pillows in his fists and no power at all. prograis just needs to make it a rough and ugly fight haney has shown he is hittable he's not pernell whittaker. I remember diaz rocking him pretty good. catching him plenty of times with solid shots. haney's clinching won't be as effective he's not going up against small lightweights here.....
                  I'm hoping you're right. I've been a fan of Rougarou since his first fight on ShoBox. Regis has some decent power and Haney has been caught before but I fear this has Haney UD win written all over it.

Comment

We could say that Loma has not really understood how certain things work in boxing. As in many other aspects of life, the appearance is as important as the skills (unjustly, I add - but that's the harsh truth). Lomachenko displays his huge skills only when he feels like...
                    Lomachenko, has paid for that miscalculation, in the form of losses, in two of his last five fight's.
                    He's still a damn good fighter, but nowhere near the feared fighter he once was, and I thought he beat Salido when they fought back in 2014.

Comment

Working...
                    X