Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Prograis Predicts Easy Fight With Haney: I Will Hurt This Kid; It's Going To Be A Massacre!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Prograis Predicts Easy Fight With Haney: I Will Hurt This Kid; It's Going To Be A Massacre!

Regis Prograis promised that Devin Haney has made a huge matchmaking mistake in choosing the hard-hitting southpaw as his next opponent.
    [Click Here To Read More]

You lost with Josh Taylor, you lose with Devin Haney.

It's that simple.

Comment

Originally posted by Tatabanya View Post
      You lost with Josh Taylor, you lose with Devin Haney.

It's that simple.
      i think haney is using that same logic as well and thats the reason he took this fight instead of another loss to loma
      eco1 eco1 likes this.

Comment

All you have to do is look at prograis' fight with Josh Taylor, and you'll realize he's not that good. He has the fundamentals to compete, but he doesn't know how to separate himself from the pack. A good fighter knows how to win rounds decisively. Prograis showed that he doesn't know how to do this. He'll win some of his matchups against the elite in the division, but he'll lose most.

There is no way he's going to beat Haney.

Comment

Prograis is very susceptible to being outboxed and frustrated. Haney just has to jab and use his wrestling tactics to a points decision.
          AmpMcv AmpMcv likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by daggum View Post

i think haney is using that same logic as well and thats the reason he took this fight instead of another loss to loma
            I believe Loma (who, let me be clear, I prefer to Haney) didn't do really enough to win that fight. Same miscalculation of the Teofimo Lopez fight, in a way.

Comment

Can Regis hurt Haney? He better because that is his only chance! No way he can win a decision!
              AmpMcv AmpMcv Boricua181 Boricua181 like this.

Comment

Originally posted by Tatabanya View Post

I believe Loma (who, let me be clear, I prefer to Haney) didn't do really enough to win that fight. Same miscalculation of the Teofimo Lopez fight, in a way.
                i thought loma lost to lopez but beat haney. in the lopez fight he didnt throw punches for 5 rounds of the fight, that didnt happen against haney. i dont know what doing enough means. i know what doing nothing is and thats what he did against lopez but against haney he was just landing better punches for the most part, but it was a good close fight.
                Tatabanya Tatabanya likes this.

Comment

Most of the time fighters mean it when they say this but, Prograis fully understands his limits by now. He also understads marketing and that many will pay to see someone beat up Haney. Regis is trying to max out the # paying viewers to max out his $. Prograis can't distract viewers with fancy footwork, posing and toreador moves to fool some people into thinking he's in control, fights are scored on effective aggression not intention like some fans.

Regis could've made some good $ just fighting to stay busy while possibly improving his craft. Teofimo kept fighting on TV till he became a know commodity. Simple but effective strategy since the guys being pushed by promoters/tv channels can't fight every week. Anyways, I expect Haney to torture him for 12 rounds and Prograis to to snap and maybe foul or quit (talk trash while eating punches looking to land ond big one..like the older Benavidez or the older Dirrel did).

Never saw anything out of Prograis to convince me otherwize.
                  TheOneAboveAll TheOneAboveAll likes this.

Comment

Haney hasn't been an easy fight for any of his prior opponent's, as a matter of fact he's beaten all of them.
                    So I don't real understand what Prograis is talking about, if Haney rise to 140 comes with added strength, and resiliency.
                    The one in this particular fight who might not just get beaten, but beaten up could wind up being Prograis himself.
                    I think that Prograis' best days in the sport of boxing are numbered, while Haney' are still ahead of him.
                    That doesn't mean that Haney will dominate the whole 140 pound division, there are fighters within it's ranks that'll beat Haney.
                    I just think that Prograis will be one of them, I believe that Haney will come in stronger at 140.
                    That and Haney's formidable boxing ability will be to much for Prograis, to overcome, or contend with come December 9, 2023.
                    TheOneAboveAll TheOneAboveAll likes this.

Comment

Working...
                    X