Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are we, the fans, being mugged off by the top heavyweights??

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are we, the fans, being mugged off by the top heavyweights??

Fury's a world champion boxer and says he couldn't find an opponent when we are told Joshua and usyk wanted the fight ???? Wilder looks like he's kind of retired....usyk has fought Joshua, fury wants to fight non boxers and Wilders retired......so I find myself getting over excited at Joyce Vs big ****.....good fight but nobody wants to fight anyone.....
    I think get chisora and Whyte out and they fight each of them again and again....the only real warriors left......

I love boxing. I'd rather watch anateur boxing every day..
    The matches aren't for the fans they aren't even for the best boxer....their all for business....money...... i say pay for the fights we wanna see in he heavyweight division....if it's not the best Vs the best TV off, ppv cancelled....
    let's enjoy the lower weights or the amateurs.....

​​
    ​​​​

Comment

As fans the only thing we can do is keep calling for what we want. And back that up with how we spend or don’t spend money on the sport.
      richiechris richiechris likes this.

Comment

Yep only power we have really

Comment

Taylor Swift will make 400 million over the next 12 months singing the same songs day in day out. People will still pay.

The only boxer mugging people off is Tyson Fury and who cares. He rarely fights anyway so boycotting his one fight wont change anything. As for the rest of them....i dont care who they fight as long as they get in the ring. The fact that their has been a box drawn around the 4 fighters you mentioned is what has killed the division. Any one of them could fight anyone...but people like yourself only want to see them fight each other....and they know that so thats why they cant get anything done. Call for Wilder vs Anderson. Fury vs Big ****. AJ vs Hrgovic. Usyk vs Big Baby Miller. Open the doors to some other fights and let the competition flow. Otherwise those 4 will remain sitting around posing at each other waiting on your cash.
          Last edited by Rockybigblower; 09-24-2023, 06:25 PM.

Comment

100% I'd probably still pay.... I say I won't and then last minute I'm getting the debit card out going might as well watch it....cause I'm a huge boxing fan....but is that right??? .....yes we see what we paid for... I'm not excluding myself....Joshua suddenly clearly wants to fight, usyk does but why fight Joshua again.....wilder I suspect has a foot in retirement......fury is a world champ and by his own admission isn't interested in a competitive boxing defence of his title......but won't surrender it so the division moves on..... maybe I mean should we stop paying to watch fury???? And the reason I say this is cause I think fury would beat them all. Lol

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
              As fans the only thing we can do is keep calling for what we want. And back that up with how we spend or don’t spend money on the sport.
              If the only thing you want is the 4 fighters who steal your money to fight....then dont complain about getting mugged. Like i said.. the only reason this is happening is because noone wants anything else. Try to look outside the box. Let them know that you will move on. Show interest in other fighters and spend your money on them and let the division breathe....instead of feeding the narrative that there isnt anyone else out there who can fight. Furys version of nobody wanted to fight me simply equates to " nobody wants to pay me". Good....with that 50 million you can likely stage 50 other heavyweight bouts between fighters ranked 10 to 15. And i'd likely watch them all.

Comment

Yes, because nobody fights each other it's allowed boxing fans imaginations to go into overdrive, we've had to make our own narrative up, as we've so little to go on.

Comment

Originally posted by Rockybigblower View Post

If the only thing you want is the 4 fighters who steal your money to fight....then dont complain about getting mugged. Like i said.. the only reason this is happening is because noone wants anything else. Try to look outside the box. Let them know that you will move on. Show interest in other fighters and spend your money on them and let the division breathe....instead of feeding the narrative that there isnt anyone else out there who can fight. Furys version of nobody wanted to fight me simply equates to " nobody wants to pay me". Good....with that 50 million you can likely stage 50 other heavyweight bouts between fighters ranked 10 to 15. And i'd likely watch them all.
                  As boxing fans we should call for what we want. Whatever that is.

Getting fed fights that no one asks for is what the promoters want.

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post

As boxing fans we should call for what we want. Whatever that is.

Getting fed fights that no one asks for is what the promoters want.
                    Answer me this. If the four fights were to be made in a round robin of sorts....what next? Once thats done....are there no more fights to be made?

Comment

Working...
                    X