Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Joyce: This Is Not It For Me; I've Got Plenty More In The Tank; Open To Rematch With Dubois

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Joyce: This Is Not It For Me; I've Got Plenty More In The Tank; Open To Rematch With Dubois

Joe Joyce won't go out like this. The big British heavyweight has made it clear that he won't retire after his brutal third-round knockout loss to Zhilei Zhang on Saturday night at OVO Arena Wembley in London. The 38-year-old Joyce is well aware that he has a long rebuilding process ahead of him, but he stated during a post-fight interview posted to Queensberry Promotions' YouTube page that he has no intention of walking away from boxing.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Juggernaut owes it to himself and his family to take a good while off and reevaluate.

Comment

Seems like a good dude

Comment

Wasting his time with a rematch... His options are others from the top 20, where Fury, Hrgovic and Wilder will not happen for different reasons. But he can try Bakole, Anderson, Makhmudov or Sanchez, and maybe AJ if the latter finds some balls. For sure must stay away from nonsensical fights with Dubois and Chisora.

Comment

As I posted elsewhere, Zhang has broken Joe's psyche once and for all. Too bad. Now I even see Joyce losing with Dubois in an eventual rematch. Something has been ruined inside the Juggernaut by these two last fights.
          Boricua181 Boricua181 likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Spice View Post
            Seems like a good dude
            If he quits today, he won a silver medal, had a short but exciting career and made a lot of money.

Pretty good when you thing about it.

Comment

Originally posted by Tatabanya View Post
              As I posted elsewhere, Zhang has broken Joe's psyche once and for all. Too bad. Now I even see Joyce losing with Dubois in an eventual rematch. Something has been ruined inside the Juggernaut by these two last fights.
              If his punch resistance is gone, it is tough to see where he goes from here.

I remember Mustafa Hamsho, who had the best chin in boxing...sometimes when it goes, it is quick.

Comment

Originally posted by BritJimbo View Post

If his punch resistance is gone, it is tough to see where he goes from here.

I remember Mustafa Hamsho, who had the best chin in boxing...sometimes when it goes, it is quick.
                Unless you're George Chuvalo, when a strong chin finally crumbles it directly impacts on the fighter's mental attitude in the subsequent fights. David Price looked invincible until Tony Thompson...

Comment

Unfortunately it is it for you Joyce, you just don't know it yet, but you eventually will.
                  Like the well known boxing announcer David Diamante say's "The Time Has Come", "I said The Time Has Come"!

Comment

Originally posted by Tatabanya View Post

Unless you're George Chuvalo, when a strong chin finally crumbles it directly impacts on the fighter's mental attitude in the subsequent fights. David Price looked invincible until Tony Thompson...
                    I agree 100%!
                    Tatabanya Tatabanya likes this.

Comment

Working...
                    X