If Hopkins / Calzaghe rematched ...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Walterson View Post
    Roach had the wrong game plan.

He wanted Hopkins to retire after the Calzaghe.

Did he retire, nope!

Took out a 26 year old, just to show that he still is the grand master.

With age your physically abilities decline, however as a positive you grow wiser as in Hopkins.
    At making people move up in weight to fight him, yes he is the master at that alright

Comment

• Originally posted by KrisSilver View Post
      Dawson is hardly as much as a style nitemare match up as Hopkins. Dawson was rightly ranked and placed below both, because having not beaten Johnson or Tarver in as dominating ways as Hopkins, he's favoured to lose to them both.

Why are you misquoting Sam on his 200lbs comment, he's clearly said he didn't say beat, but that no one below 200 lbs KO's Calzaghe. Not quite the ridiculous quote you try to mis quote it as.

Who at 160-175 would in your opinion even, KO Calzaghe?
      Misquoting? You clearly didn't read what he said. He said that no one below 200 could KO Calzaghe and that if you couldn't KO him, you couldn't beat him. Thanks for being his lawyer but you can't win them all, bud.

As for Dawson, I think he poses a great styles matchup for Joe and thought he or Hopkins II would've been fitting. Too bad it didn't happen.

Comment

• hopkins wuld win AGAIN but this time hed get the decision

Comment

• Originally posted by street bully View Post
          I had Hopkins winning the first time, and while Hopkins never makes exuces he did have a thyroid infection during that training camp and fight. The only reason Hopkins lost in some peoples eyes was because he got tired late. Also nothing clean landed from Calzaghe, and many in press row gave it to Hopkins, including British sportscasters.

Fact is, Calzaghe did a fair bit of holding himself, and was pretty dirty in that fight himself.
          Does Hopkins have hypothyroidism?

Comment

• Originally posted by S.G. View Post
            Does Hopkins have hypothyroidism?
            Yeah, it's a byproduct of excessive HGH use.

I kid, I kid. Just couldn't help myself.

Comment

• Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
              Misquoting? You clearly didn't read what he said. He said that no one below 200 could KO Calzaghe and that if you couldn't KO him, you couldn't beat him. Thanks for being his lawyer but you can't win them all, bud.

As for Dawson, I think he poses a great styles matchup for Joe and thought he or Hopkins II would've been fitting. Too bad it didn't happen.
              I didn't see that original quote then so apologies, but there is some validity in it, in that who would, KO Calzaghe from 160-175?

I don't think Calzaghe Hopkins 2 would have been worth it at all. It wasn't entertaining and all that would be seen, is more of the same in many peoples view. That does not sell. Those I see as wanting to have seen a rematch do seem to be fans of Hopkins, and imo overly optimistic and wanting, for Hopkins to avenge the loss. Because it's not for the entertainment value, let's face it.

Dawson just simply is not at the elite level of either two, though he certainly was the next best guy in line and closest match. What's the point in lining them up when you've already beaten the best though. Again I think it comes down to too many people wanting that because of slight feelings of wanting to be proven right and see Calzaghe lose, and just struggle with the idea of Dawson being even more of an under dog again. No one at 160-175 was favoured over Calzaghe at that time, and still wouldn't be now at 37. Whilst I appreciate that will always leave some names off the resume, that itself says a hell of lot.

Comment

• Originally posted by daggum View Post
                calzaghe's a pudgy doughboy right now who got humiliated on some dancing show. nice coordination buddy. oh wait he was a sloppy boxer as well. fitting.
                How can you say Calzaghe is sloppy, when he often throws around 1000 punches?

Comment

• Originally posted by GoogleMe View Post
                  Not saying he is or isn't sloppy...

but punch output has nothing to do with whether he is or not. You can be fast and sloppy..slow and sloppy..or busy and sloppy...its still sloppy

Comment

• Originally posted by GoogleMe View Post
                    Calzaghe is sloppy ... if you win a fight by being an 'aggressor' rather than a puncher then that's makes you sloppy.

Comment

• Originally posted by san iker View Post
                      hopkins wuld win AGAIN but this time hed get the decision
                      damn straight

Comment

Working...
                      X