No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Devin Haney: "Only Compare Me To Greats"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Devin Haney: "Only Compare Me To Greats"

Comparisons happen often in boxing. Terence Crawford, thanks to his win over Errol Spence Jr., is now being juxtaposed with Floyd Mayweather. Who would ultimately win is somewhat extraneous. Unless someone digs up a time machine, we'll never know. Still, the comparison is the important factor.
    [Click Here To Read More]

A great Duck. Ducked Loma and Shakur at the same time. Went for the opponent that looked the worst in his previous fight.

Comment

Hate Devin all you want, but that mfer keeps fighting the fights & winning them. If you don't respect that idk what you would respect.

Most of these guys are arguing about money meanwhile Devin was going to another country to fight the #1 guy at 135 twice, cuz he probably doesn't get that first fight if he doesn't agree to the rematch clause, then goes to Top Rank & fights one of their poster boys & a future HOFer. Now he's going to fight the guy most see as #1 at 140. Devin is doing the sh^t you wish your favorite fighter would do.
      Don2021 Don2021 dan_cov dan_cov like this.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
        Hate Devin all you want, but that mfer keeps fighting the fights & winning them. If you don't respect that idk what you would respect.

Most of these guys are arguing about money meanwhile Devin was going to another country to fight the #1 guy at 135 twice, cuz he probably doesn't get that first fight if he doesn't agree to the rematch clause, then goes to Top Rank & fights one of their poster boys & a future HOFer. Now he's going to fight the guy most see as #1 at 140. Devin is doing the sh^t you wish your favorite fighter would do.
        What does that even mean? Winning fights he's suppose to and a gift decision against and older, weaker and smaller loma?

Comment

Gamboa was a fossil
          Linares was past it and still had him on chicken legs the rest of the fight
          kambosos was a given he beat a sick Lopez
          And got a gift against Loma.

He got paid good from the moron eddie hearn and the kambosos paydays too. So now he thinks hes worth something despite not putting asses in seats.

That said if he keeps this up he'll continue to make big money cause the dude is extremely unlikable

Comment

Ok, you needed a gift vs a 35 yo clearly smaller fighter. Which Great should we compare that to..?

Comment

Originally posted by Teetotaler69 View Post

What does that even mean? Winning fights he's suppose to and a gift decision against and older, weaker and smaller loma?
              Teo was supposed to win that fight too. He didn't. Loma is supposed to win that fight in Feb & I don't think thats a lock either.

Loma lost, I hate to be the one to have to tell you this. It was close tho I'll give you that. This was the first HOFer Devin beat so it wasn't unexpected to be a tough night I'm sure.
              786 786 Rebelrbg Rebelrbg like this.

Comment

Teo was supposed to win that fight too. He didn't. Loma is supposed to win that fight in Feb & I don't think thats a lock either.

Loma lost, I hate to be the one to have to tell you this. It was close tho I'll give you that. This was the first HOFer Devin beat so it wasn't unexpected to be a tough night I'm sure.
                I agree he was but it literally got postponed 3 times and the second time was cause he's asmatic and caught covid.

Loma wasn't "suppose to win that fight" hate to tell you that. It was an old lion coming off a bad performance against an unknown after returning from his homeland thats at war.

Lmao I love how you lack context. Typical casual. Love proving you wrong since you've come back
                letsgochump letsgochump likes this.

Comment

The fight was hyper tight and as usual the A side got the.nod . In close fights B sides never get the decision in the US.

I knew Haney was having a UD.

But it is not a problem since everybody takes this for granted. It's part of the culture.

+Haney got the A side privilege of 36 hours to rehydrate in a division he barely belongs.

In an even playing field, starting with a classic 24 hours weigh in I think Haney does not win, even does not end the fight.

Loma agreed because he was desperate for the belts but 36 hours weigh in was pure bias.

That's what make boxing garbage, rules are always open for bias manipulating. I wish boxing was regulated strictly.
                  Boxing is the only sport where a "player" will have an advantage over an other one. See Garcia vs Tank rehydration clause.

Fans aren't that dumb.

As a matter of a fact Haney won, but as a matter or a fact Haney got booed out of the Arena in his own country.

​​​​​​
                  Last edited by BillyBoxing; 09-21-2023, 02:02 AM.
                  AmpMcv AmpMcv likes this.

Comment

I'm still going to compare Haney to Tank, Teo, and Shakur, until he beats at least one of them! To be fair, he's not afraid to dare to be great! Loma and Prograis, back-to-back, is more than any of the others have done!

Comment

Working...
                    X