Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why canelo lost to Bivol

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i don't think size is the reason Bivol won btw. I honestly believe Canelo is heavier on fight night than Bivol. Bivol doesn't cut much and Canelo doesn't reveal fight night weight for a reason.

With that said, Bivol is simply noticeably faster than Canelo and can throw in 10 punch combos at long range like Manny Pacquiao. it's a very unique ability that only few in boxing have.

Bivol is not only faster and has better balance, agility and combos.

Bivol also has a stronger gas tank. He put Canelo on the treadmill up hill and ran Canelo out of gas.

Comment

Originally posted by FinitoxDinamita View Post
      Fight wasnt all that exciting so I didn’t pay attention, but, I would think that Bivol’s off rhythm footwork combined with his sense of distance and timing threw him off.
      I think the weight inexperience and uncertainty made Canelo put everything in one card.

​​​​​​And it makes sense. Play to your strengths. He is a harder puncher so focus on power. It just didn't have the sophistication.

As for Bivols success with offense, he is probably hard to read since he throws his punches more constrained like amateurs than pros and Canelo was probably surprised how much it hurt him Still.
      FinitoxDinamita FinitoxDinamita likes this.

Comment

Seeing bivol box however is like watching paint dry

Comment

Originally posted by HeadShots View Post
          i don't think size is the reason Bivol won btw. I honestly believe Canelo is heavier on fight night than Bivol. Bivol doesn't cut much and Canelo doesn't reveal fight night weight for a reason.

With that said, Bivol is simply noticeably faster than Canelo and can throw in 10 punch combos at long range like Manny Pacquiao. it's a very unique ability that only few in boxing have.

Bivol is not only faster and has better balance, agility and combos.

Bivol also has a stronger gas tank. He put Canelo on the treadmill up hill and ran Canelo out of gas.
          ​​​​​BIvol didn't really throw faster punches but they came direct and straight and so they were perceived to be faster. They also didn't allow for Canelo to counter precisely because they were borderline arm punches..

​​​​​​It is strange to see an elite boxer like Canelo stuck spamming hooks round after round. That usually means the fighter has no answer and is too tired to solve the puzzle.

Comment

Originally posted by Tanakasensei View Post

I don't think Bivol has more natural ability than Canelo. If he did he wouldn't lose 3 rounds in a row.
            Bivol is a Machine... He does everything well, right by the Soviet book... That's also why he lacks glitters... He's still a Living "How-to" for technique... Advantage Bivol..
            El_Mero El_Mero likes this.

Comment

That usually means the fighter has no answer and is too tired to solve the puzzle.

And that's exactly what happened... Except that Canelo wasn't even in the fight pass the 3rd round ... He wasn't tired then... Just overwhelmed ... You could feel his frustration in the 2nd part of the fight ...

Comment

​​​​​BIvol didn't really throw faster punches but they came direct and straight and so they were perceived to be faster. They also didn't allow for Canelo to counter precisely because they were borderline arm punches..

​​​​​​It is strange to see an elite boxer like Canelo stuck spamming hooks round after round. That usually means the fighter has no answer and is too tired to solve the puzzle.

of u can't see Bivol is faster then

Comment

The first three. I think Canelo got 4 rounds in total. Which is a disaster. But it's not like Bivol threw bombs. Pretty dry, unspectacular fighter...
                  For being dry and unspectacular, he made Alvarez look basic af.

Comment

Originally posted by El_Mero View Post

For being dry and unspectacular, he made Alvarez look basic af.
                    I mean, that tends to happen with dry and unspectular fighters.

Ehhh weight matter, idc what anybody says. Canelo really should be at 160, dude is mad short. Bivol is also a really good fighter. Canelo also came in acting like he was a puncher lol.

Comment

OP obviously doesn`t respect Bivol`s skills, but Canelo lost to a better man. Ginger is overrated.

Explanation: Canelo has good skills, but he has a very bad gas tank, slow feet, and he is a power puncher, who likes to counter.

He will always lose to a great outside hitter with a good stamina and a work rate.
                      Last edited by JakeTheBoxer; 09-20-2023, 03:22 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X