No announcement yet.

Why canelo lost to Bivol

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why canelo lost to Bivol

Canelo did not bring it upon himself to try and penetrate Bivols defence, so he just punched at it. Canelos most effective strike was the uppercut, which he landed clean several times, but it wasn't enough. He also got stung when he went for his patented body shots and that threw half his game out.

Instead of getting some constructive coaching Canelo was just adviced to fight as hard as he can.

I don't believe adding a jab would bring a victory to Canelo but a straight right hand could.. canelos just didn't have anything to offer in that regard.

It was a very strange, one dimensional affair from Canelo. His cardio held up okey and he seemed mentally okey.

​​​​​​He just didn't have it that night and it would seem to be a difficult stylistic opponent for him.

Canelos style excerts way more energy than Bivols robotic manuevring, which also accumulates over time - getting outworked.

But of course being the shorter man, Canelo had to put his chips on his power. He just went about it raw.
    Last edited by Tanakasensei; 09-19-2023, 06:51 PM.

Why ? He lost to a better Fighter... That's why ... I don't think a rematch at any weight would be different .... That's Darwinism for you ...

Comment

Originally posted by Superbee View Post
      Why ? He lost to a better Fighter... That's why ... I don't think a rematch at any weight would be different .... That's Darwinism for you ...
      I don't think Bivol has more natural ability than Canelo. If he did he wouldn't lose 3 rounds in a row.

Comment

Originally posted by Superbee View Post
        Frazier would never beat Foreman either. That doesn't mean Foreman was a better fighter since I doubt he could ever beat Ali.

Styles make fights.

Comment

Originally posted by Tanakasensei View Post

I don't think Bivol has more natural ability than Canelo. If he did he wouldn't lose 3 rounds in a row.
          When tf did he lose 3 rounds in a row? That fight was a domination 9-3 at worst
          Don2021 Don2021 eco1 eco1 like this.

Comment

Because he is an inferior talent.

Bivol js just way better than Canelo is
            eco1 eco1 likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by El_Mero View Post

When tf did he lose 3 rounds in a row? That fight was a domination 9-3 at worst
              The first three. I think Canelo got 4 rounds in total. Which is a disaster. But it's not like Bivol threw bombs. Pretty dry, unspectacular fighter...

Comment

Originally posted by Pac=Duran View Post
                Because he is an inferior talent.

Bivol js just way better than Canelo is

Based on One fight against one opponent?

Comment

Fight wasnt all that exciting so I didn’t pay attention, but, I would think that Bivol’s off rhythm footwork combined with his sense of distance and timing threw him off.

Comment

Originally posted by Tanakasensei View Post
                    Canelo did not bring it upon himself to try and penetrate Bivols defence, so he just punched at it. Canelos most effective strike was the uppercut, which he landed clean several times, but it wasn't enough. He also got stung when he went for his patented body shots and that threw half his game out.

Instead of getting some constructive coaching Canelo was just adviced to fight as hard as he can.

I don't believe adding a jab would bring a victory to Canelo but a straight right hand could.. canelos just didn't have anything to offer in that regard.

It was a very strange, one dimensional affair from Canelo. His cardio held up okey and he seemed mentally okey.

​​​​​​He just didn't have it that night and it would seem to be a difficult stylistic opponent for him.

Canelos style excerts way more energy than Bivols robotic manuevring, which also accumulates over time - getting outworked.

But of course being the shorter man, Canelo had to put his chips on his power. He just went about it raw.
                    Because Bivol f him hard and if they ever fight again, which I doubt, Bivol Is going to KO him.

Comment

Working...
                    X