Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Cordina Admits Scenario of Facing Wood-Warrington Winner Would Be Tempting

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Cordina Admits Scenario of Facing Wood-Warrington Winner Would Be Tempting

Joe Cordina will finally get to defend his IBF super featherweight title when he takes on Edward Vazquez in Monte Carlo on November 4th. Cordina (16-0, 9 KO's) first won the IBF title in June 2022 by knocking out Kenichi Ogawa in spectacular fashion before
    [Click Here To Read More]

I think he needs to understand that him against Zelfa Barrett does not have the same appeal as Khan-Brook. Not even in the same stratosphere. It’s a good fight to make now. No one will clamour for it in a few years time. Him against Wood is a decent fight but again there’s not huge demand. Just unify against the Foster-Hernandez winner first.

Comment

Hearn should've put up the money for the Foster unification as both guys wanted it. Cordina scored KO of the year, then had a FOTY candidate, he deserves the extra push/investment.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilliantAJ View Post
        I think he needs to understand that him against Zelfa Barrett does not have the same appeal as Khan-Brook. Not even in the same stratosphere. It’s a good fight to make now. No one will clamour for it in a few years time. Him against Wood is a decent fight but again there’s not huge demand. Just unify against the Foster-Hernandez winner first.
        Navarratte vs Cordina is a better unification. Foster has to fight 2 mandatories since he won a vacant WBC title

Comment

If I were Cordina, IF, I would avoid that fight like stinky bait. No knock on the warriors, but the situation smells of Eddy.

Comment

Originally posted by SimpleTouchee View Post

Navarratte vs Cordina is a better unification. Foster has to fight 2 mandatories since he won a vacant WBC title
            I can't see it happening to be honest, I think Navarette fights Shakur very soon if they can't get a big lightweight fight. Maybe Shakur-Navarette and Loma-Kambosos early 2024 and winners meet in the summer.
            SimpleTouchee SimpleTouchee likes this.

Comment

Working...
            X