Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Juan Francisco Estrada, Kazuto Ioka In Talks For WBC/WBA Unification Bout

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by nghtmr111 View Post

Unfortunately the lower weight divisions aren't as popular as they should be...
    TRUTH.

El Gallo and Choc combined for over 2000 punches in each of the first two fights of their rivalry. And that wasn't just wild combinations. Chocolatito especially is amazing in his ability to throw targeted high volume punches. How can you not love that? And the skill level tends to be higher in the lower divisions. Westerners don't realize that the world average weight for an adult male is actually under 135 pounds. The lower divisions tend to demonstrate more fighters who can do things like set up shots off of angles, throw from unorthodox directions, regularly commit to the body, exhibit good head movement, and have the stamina to throw more punches per round for the whole fight. There's a lot to enjoy and learn from fighters in the lower divisions for fans of the sweet science.

There's such a high percentage on here who only seem to follow boxing because they want to hate on a guy, or, in some cases, an entire racial group. There's going to be a bunch of ignorant bigots who will doubtless say something like "doesn't even count as a man under X arbitrary weight."
    nghtmr111 nghtmr111 likes this.

Comment

Really hope it comes off, awesome matchup between ATGs

Comment

Originally posted by FinitoxDinamita View Post
        I hope Ioka beats his ass. Tired of this guy getting gifts.
        What the f^&k you're talking about?
        Tired of idio%s like you talking bullsh$it.
        Gallo ain't getting gifts.
        instead of that, he got robbed a couple of times.

Comment

Originally posted by Rockdrigokstro View Post

What the f^&k you're talking about?
          Tired of idio%s like you talking bullsh$it.
          Gallo ain't getting gifts.
          instead of that, he got robbed a couple of times.
          Probably referring to him getting a gift in the second fight v Choc, in which he got outlanded and still won, and got a wildly bad card from Carlos Sucre. The only fight he might have gotten robbed in was vs SSR, and I think it's tough to make an argument for him winning that one, personally. It wasn't very controversial. The closest any of the judges saw it was a draw. Nobody had him winning that fight. Choc won their first fight clear as well. What robberies are YOU talking about?

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
            Japan’s New Year’s Eve fight card is a cool tradition. So it’s nice to see bigger name opponents taking part.
            My birthday is New Year’s Eve, and getting up at 4am and starting it with the big Japan card is a tradition I’ve come to look forward to.

I know Rigo fought on the 12/31 card one year, but nobody in the USA picked up the broadcast rights since he’s “boring” and it was probably one of the most exciting Rigo fights of his career.

Comment

What a fight. I wish it would have happened a few years ago but regardless, it is an amazing war amongst titans. Best of luck to Ioka, but of course I am riding with JFE. He has been my personal fave for many, many years.

Comment

Estrada’s volume and combinations
                or
                Ioka’s timing and accuracy

Comment

Originally posted by crimsonfalcon07 View Post

TRUTH.

El Gallo and Choc combined for over 2000 punches in each of the first two fights of their rivalry. And that wasn't just wild combinations. Chocolatito especially is amazing in his ability to throw targeted high volume punches. How can you not love that? And the skill level tends to be higher in the lower divisions. Westerners don't realize that the world average weight for an adult male is actually under 135 pounds. The lower divisions tend to demonstrate more fighters who can do things like set up shots off of angles, throw from unorthodox directions, regularly commit to the body, exhibit good head movement, and have the stamina to throw more punches per round for the whole fight. There's a lot to enjoy and learn from fighters in the lower divisions for fans of the sweet science.

There's such a high percentage on here who only seem to follow boxing because they want to hate on a guy, or, in some cases, an entire racial group. There's going to be a bunch of ignorant bigots who will doubtless say something like "doesn't even count as a man under X arbitrary weight."
                  well ****ing put and I agree with everything you said.

I LOVE the lower weight classes. I always watch them, or at least as much as I can.

Comment

Originally posted by crimsonfalcon07 View Post

TRUTH.

There are actually a few guys who come on here and say they only follow the heavyweights. I feel sorry for them as it is a trash division with the top guys continually ducking each other, they are really missing out on some great action in the lower weights.
                    crimsonfalcon07 crimsonfalcon07 likes this.

Comment

Working...
                    X