Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Ronnie Shields: Charlo Has To Go To The Body; Don't See A Lotta Fighters Go To Canelo's Body

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Ronnie Shields: Charlo Has To Go To The Body; Don't See A Lotta Fighters Go To Canelo's Body

Canelo Alvarez has long been one of the most effective body punchers in boxing. Jermell Charlo's former trainer thinks that the undisputed junior middleweight champion must make Alvarez pay to the body, though, to give himself the best chance of pulling off an upset September 30 at T-Mobile Arena in Las Vegas.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Its hard to go to Canelos body, hes much shorter than most his opponents and Canelos a counter puncher.
    crimsonfalcon07 crimsonfalcon07 likes this.

Comment

Ginger is built like a tank, I'll be surprised if he has a glass body like Usyk

Comment

It will be interesting to see who gets punches off quicker--that is a big factor. Both can hit but we saw what Bivol did with speed.
        NENOBROWN NENOBROWN likes this.

Comment

That's one of the most common things I hear during fights. The elite fighters all commit to the body. But Canelo is likely going to be better at it than Charlo, and he's a counterpuncher, so that's a dangerous strategy (which is why not many of his opponents do it). I'd be looking for Charlo to use his athleticism to get a positional advantage on heavy-footed Canelo to get those body shots off with lower risk.
          pnut901 pnut901 likes this.

Comment

Canelo's offense is his defense. He throws a lot of power punches. He doesn't let you get close to his body, like that.

Comment

Originally posted by baroidi View Post
              Ginger is built like a tank, I'll be surprised if he has a glass body like Usyk
              Canelo isn’t weak in the gut like Usyk.

Comment

Easier said than done . Going to the body is always a good idea.
                BustedKnuckles BustedKnuckles likes this.

Comment

Monster body puncher like GGG wanted none of that for a reason, and he had 3 fights to try it, easier said than done...

Comment

Working...
                  X