Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Lyndon Arthur's Trainer Wants His Boxer To Get More Learning Fights Before Facing Top Names

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Lyndon Arthur's Trainer Wants His Boxer To Get More Learning Fights Before Facing Top Names

Pat Barrett hates shortcuts. The Manchester based trainer builds his fighters brick by brick, drilling techniques until they become second nature. He matches his young fighters in the same way, choosing opponents who will provide them with the right tests at the right times. If they lose, they go back to the gym, practice, practice and practice some more and get right back in the ring at the earliest opportunity.
    [Click Here To Read More]

crazy - if i remember right then Arthur is already 34 years old? Just another way of saying we know our level/lane and we're staying in it to face IBO mandatories - in other words fights nobody wants to see

Comment

I guess no Bivol
      Lmfao
      sureeeeeeee

Comment

Just another hyped up British fighter

Comment

Crazy. Bivol is so good, that nobody wants to fight him. Arthur is not ready, Azeez is not ready, Buatsi is not ready, Canelo would rather die than have a rematch, Beterbiev is not ready.

I really want Bivol to fight more frequently, but the guy is just too good.

Comment

Aaaaand now we have an angle for Billy Joe Saunders' comeback at LHW, with inbuilt marination mechanism lol

Comment

With this sort of crazy plan, it sounds like Arthur’s trainer is trying to sabotage his career, not maximize it. I hope he’s just saying this as a negotiating ploy to get more money out of Eddie Hearn to fight Bivol.
              Nobody cares about Arthur on a wide level now - and no one would care any more if he defended the IBO title multiple times. Take the Bivol fight and try to win it - that should be Arthur’s focus right now.

Comment

Originally posted by MulaKO View Post
                Just another hyped up British fighter
                Don't think I've ever seen anyone hype up Lyndon Arthur. Not even his promoter.
                SteveM SteveM likes this.

Comment

people are not fighting these eurasian cats for a chance at a title. lmfao

is the Eurasian breed truly the master race? they have the quick twitch of the africans somehow they have the IQ of the asians.
                  Last edited by HeadShots; 09-10-2023, 11:48 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by JakeTheBoxer View Post
                    Crazy. Bivol is so good, that nobody wants to fight him. Arthur is not ready, Azeez is not ready, Buatsi is not ready, Canelo would rather die than have a rematch, Beterbiev is not ready.

I really want Bivol to fight more frequently, but the guy is just too good.
                    I thing Beterbiev wants to fight him but the WBC and Bob Arum are spouting all the crap about Bivol being Russian.

Normally when this happens fighters move division. He says he can go down but seemingly only for Canelo. So not really going down in that case. Or he could move up too - but I can see why from a business pov he doesn't as CW is not a money division. But could move up to fight Badou Jack for a title and come back down.

Comment

Working...
                    X