Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Amir Khan Warns Crawford To Avoid Making The Same Mistake of Moving Up To Fight Canelo

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Don't make the same mistake I did. I was good but not great and I thought I was great and moved up in weight to fight a beast.
    Crawford cannot make that mistake because he is great.
    I am not saying he will win, but Kardashian thinks it is apples to apples
    Verus Verus likes this.

Comment

Crawford is levels beyond where khan ever was, isn’t ****** enough to fall for that feint low over hand right combo and also wasn’t getting ko’d at lightweight like khan was.

Comment

Of course you can't compare Khan and Crawford, it's two different levels, classes, leagues, whatever you want to call it. But Khan only went up 8 lbs to fight Canelo. Even if Canelo was fresher then, it's not the same as Bud going up three full weight classes to fight Canelo. He would be at a massive size disadvantage whatever way you look at it regardless of Bud's skill level. They are about the same height but Canelo is much broader and has fought as high as 175.
        If this fight ever happens (not to mention the possible implications of Bo Mac's current legal troubles) and Terence does win, it would be an achievement of colossal proportions, placing Bud firmly with the greatest of all time.
        Verus Verus likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Jab jab boom View Post
          Crawford is levels beyond where khan ever was, isn’t ****** enough to fall for that feint low over hand right combo and also wasn’t getting ko’d at lightweight like khan was.
          True but 168 is still a huge jump. If he were fighting Berlanga or Bek the Bully or someone like that, it would be no problem but Canelo at 168 is still the top dog. God knows what Canelo would be taking if he were facing Bud.

Comment

Originally posted by GrandpaBernard View Post

The good ol days when Amir would troll about how he’d beat manny & Floyd
            ———-
            That wasn’t the crazy part. The crazy part was legions of Khan fans (Pakistanis and Brits) actually believe Floyd ducked him. How insane is that?
            Verus Verus likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Oregonian View Post
              ———-
              That wasn’t the crazy part. The crazy part was legions of Khan fans (Pakistanis and Brits) actually believe Floyd ducked him. How insane is that?
              Lol I remember when Julio Diaz was outboxing Amir with potshots

knocked Amir down for good measure

Oregonian Oregonian likes this.

Comment

Crawford will be 36 years old, this month aka September. He's well past his prime. Though he may be able to recover his physique via biochemistry.

Comment

Crawford would get the James Kirkland. If he were to pull it off it would be a glorious achievement.

Comment

It's a chance for bud to be higher echelon ATG in one fight. Of course there's possibility bud can.lose. Bud might be wiser to choose it towards end of career. For example only have 1 more fight after a Nelo fight, let Nell fight be pinnacle, icing on cake
                    Last edited by hugh grant; 09-05-2023, 04:29 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by theface07 View Post

True but 168 is still a huge jump. If he were fighting Berlanga or Bek the Bully or someone like that, it would be no problem but Canelo at 168 is still the top dog. God knows what Canelo would be taking if he were facing Bud.
                      Yeah, I get that, it’s definitely a huge weight jump However, the Canelo that I’ve seen over his last 3 fights has slowed down considerably. He has a low punch output and reflexes, especially defensively seem slow. It could be interesting but I’d rather see Benavidez get the shot as he deserves it and is actually in that weight class instead of Canelo trying to find a way to find guys 2-3 weight classes below him again.

Comment

Working...
                      X