Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Daily Bread Mailbag: Usyk-Dubois Low Blow Mania, Navarrete, Ennis, Matias

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Daily Bread Mailbag: Usyk-Dubois Low Blow Mania, Navarrete, Ennis, Matias

The Daily Bread Mailbag returns with Stephen "Breadman" Edwards tackling topics such as the controversial round between Oleksandr Usyk and Daniel Dubois, welterweight Jaron Ennis, Subriel Matias vs. Shohjahon Ergashev, and more.
    [Click Here To Read More]

If Crawford does to Spence @ 154, what he did at 147, then Canelo should not see this as a "lose-lose situation!" He would be fighting the P4P #1 fighter on the planet! I do think Canelo is ducking David Benavidez, but Canelo vs. Crawford is just too good to pass up!

I hope and pray that Boots' next opponent is Stanionis or Thurman! There's nothing else at 147 for him to do! If he can't get either of them, then he should just go to 154, but he also has to consider changing promoters, or sign with PBC! No other promotion has anything to offer @ 154, besides PBC!

Comment

And the winner of the most brutal matchup that could be made in boxing: Russel vs Matias. Neither guy is capable of letting any of his wins come by decision! Each guy would be looking at each other and thinking I will KO you the FK out. Russel early or Matias late. This one would not hear the final bell.
      Last edited by richardt; 09-02-2023, 10:42 AM.

Comment

Dominating a journeyman boxer like Dubois doesn't qualify as "great" in my book. I've never viewed Usyk as a great heavyweight under any stretch of the imagination. If he beats Fury or even Wilder - - then that would help his cause. Beating the body builder Joshua doesn't count very much for me, either. Usyk needs a signature win. And it's not his fault that Fury has a couple screws loose and didn't make the fight with Usyk. And it's unfortunate that this generation of heavyweight boxers is so devoid of talent. The fact that Fury can have a crossover UFC fight and make $50M is a testament to that. Every other weight division seems to have at least five to seven quality boxers.
        Last edited by Rockenator; 09-02-2023, 10:55 AM.

Comment

The whole thing is with the Usyk- Dubious fight low blow controversy is,if the ref would have started counting Usyk down ,Usyk would have just got up at 8 and beat the wheels off of Dubious anyway.There sure is a lot of big cry babies in boxing today,first with Usyk crying low blow and Dubois not getting a fair shake cmon you big cry babies this is boxing,just ask Holllyfield after getting his ear bit off lol .

Comment

Originally posted by richardt View Post
            And the winner of the most brutal matchup that could be made in boxing: Russel vs Matias. Neither guy is capable of letting any of his wins come by decision! Each guy would be looking at each other and thinking I will KO you the FK out. Russel early or Matias late. This one would not hear the final bell.
            That's a violent fight! Two guys who are very skilled on their application of violence and brutality. I like both of them, if I had to pick I'd go Russell but who knows.
            Bronx2245 Bronx2245 likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by PBR Streetgang View Post

That's a violent fight! Two guys who are very skilled on their application of violence and brutality. I like both of them, if I had to pick I'd go Russell but who knows.
              Don't sleep on Ergashev! Matias vs. Ergashev should be a fireworks show! I would like to see Russell vs. Sims Jr. in the meantime!
              Last edited by Bronx2245; 09-02-2023, 12:17 PM.
              PBR Streetgang PBR Streetgang likes this.

Comment

Styles make fights Crawford vs Canelo is a real fight, however Crawford against someone like Benavidez would be a mismatch because Crawford would lose his length advantage.

Comment

Originally posted by Bronx2245 View Post
                  Don't sleep on Ergashev! Matias vs. Ergashev should be a fireworks show! I would like to see Russell vs. Sims Jr. in the meantime!
                  Russell vs Sims would be great because Sims can box, brawl, fight inside and outside and Russell is the energizer bunny with a lot of pop.
                  lred00 lred00 Bronx2245 Bronx2245 like this.

Comment

quitting has a definition. why are ppl coming up with other words to say in the place of quitting nowadays smh. very weird and telling of how we are with words these days on earth no matter what

Comment

Working...
                    X