Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Jermell Charlo Will Beat Canelo Alvarez, Says Only Common Opponent Austin Trout

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was at the trout canelo fight in san antonio and it was closer than what the cards indicated
    Rebelrbg Rebelrbg likes this.

Comment

Those 5 years in between make all the difference. Trout fought Jermell after multiple recent losses

Comment

yeah Trout. Is Canelo still competing at 154 ? lol

Comment

I was at the Canelo/Trout fight in San Antonio. Was the best fight crowd I’ve seen live.
          Trout was a good fighter but his lack of real power was his biggest downside.
          I don’t think Charlo has anything for Canelo. He’s nothing he hasn’t seen before.

Comment

I lthought Trout's analysis as a person who fought both guys was very accurate in his assessment of both fighters. The size difference goes to Charlo no doubt. Charlo is not going to stand toe to toe with Canelo the whole time. I think he will hit Canelo hard enough to get his respect. Once Charlo does that then it will change the course of the fight. I don't know why people think Charlo is going to stand there and let Canelo hit him the whole fight. That is ****** logic. For Charlo to win, he will have to stick and move the whole fight, box Canelo and stay out of the corner. For Canelo to win, he will have to be busy and throw a lot of punches in flurries and use his head movement. If Canelo comes in at 165 lbs then this will be better for him. Charlo won't have to lose as much weight for this fight. I favor Charlo to win. Canelo isn't knocking out Charlo. Charlo has never been knocked out before in his career and it won't be happening in this fight. However, if Charlo is ****** enough to trade with Canelo too many times and gets caught then Canelo could finish him.
            Rebelrbg Rebelrbg Texball Texball like this.

Comment

Charlo coming down from 200 lbs. recently? What weight does Jermell Charlo walk around at? Comment by Charlo: “I got to walk around probably like 175, 180, or something like that to drop back down to 168 so I can have my muscle and my speed because once you lose the weight, you're going to feel faster,” said Jermell Charlo to BigboyTV on his fight against Canelo Alvarez on September 30th."

From 154 to 168 is still a pretty big jump. I don't see Charlo being faster by packing on more pounds. Especially at age 37.

Comment

Originally posted by Rebelrbg View Post
                Charlo might make him quit before facing the embarrassment of getting stopped. Jermell is strong, athletic, with good movement and speed. He has the ability to give Cinnabon the same problems as Trout and Lara, but with much more power and quickness.
                ————
                Canelo’s legs are shot. I think the Plant that fought Benavidez would have beaten him.
                Charlo has to ge very busy to get a win. Can he?
                Rebelrbg Rebelrbg likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Oregonian View Post
                  ————
                  Canelo’s legs are shot. I think the Plant that fought Benavidez would have beaten him.
                  Charlo has to ge very busy to get a win. Can he?
                  Of course he can, when have you ever seen Jermell gassed? His stamina is crazy.
                  Last edited by Rebelrbg; 09-01-2023, 03:13 PM.
                  Oregonian Oregonian likes this.

Comment

****** ass fight. Anyone who pays for this **** is a ****ing dumb ass.

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
                      Always felt the open scoring did Trout in. He imo was winning the fight. The open scoring had him way down so he had to just try and ko canelo when he should’ve been able to box the rest of the way.
                      open scoring is the only reason the fight was close, canelo gave up the later part of the fight knowing he was going to win if not for a Knockout.. it affected both fighters performance...

Comment

Working...
                      X