Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Mayer on Baumgardner Test Failure: The Levels That Were in Her System Were Pretty Damn High

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rick.gen View Post
    Question is why do they let these fights happen? Why reveal the results only when the fight is over?
    Is it possible Baumgardner's team didn't expect her to be tested after the fight?
    The evidence is as follows: a clean test on 16 June; a failed test on 12 July; a clean test on 15 July (immediately after the fight).

She tested positive for mesterolone (a.k.a. Proviron) and methenolone acetate (a.k.a. Primobolan) in the 12 July test.

The latter of these two reportedly has a detection time of 4-5 weeks. The pattern of negative, positive, negative with the timeframes above, compared against the typical detection time for Primobolan does have some suggestion of contamination. Here, the concentration detected might play a part. A trace amount would be more in line with the contamination argument. I don't have the levels from the test and query whether Mayer knows either. Note, I am trying to look objectively at the evidence here, rather than trying to make a judgement call of guilty or not guilty.

Counting against Baumgardner is that Primobolan cannot be prescribed in the US (it's banned from entry to the US) and cannot be made by the human body. If it wasn't a contamination, -- and therefore was indeed in her system -- then it will be impossible to give a valid explanation of why it was there.

Putting my judgement hat on: Eddie has been more vocal about defending Benn, which is pretty damning in itself, so I think she most likely gets a ban.
    Last edited by Monty Fisto; 08-30-2023, 08:15 PM.
    PBR Streetgang PBR Streetgang likes this.

Comment

If she tests positive on A&B sample which I sure she will, ban her for a long time (at least 5 years), take away the titles, and call her last fight a no contest.

She decided to cheat, pay the consequences. End of story.

Comment

I'm surprised more ppl haven't commented on her T levels. Obviously she had banned substances in her system so thats problem #1, but her T levels were on the low side of healthy for an adult male.
        Zaroku Zaroku likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
          I'm surprised more ppl haven't commented on her T levels. Obviously she had banned substances in her system so thats problem #1, but her T levels were on the low side of healthy for an adult male.
          Good stuff
          hood you always win and stay ahead of others

respect my mom is stil serving waffles and taking care of neighborhood kids

she sometimes says I evil and the devil

then asks for money so she can baby sit for free

two things kids get in my home
          1 fed real good food
          2’love from my family
          3. Lots of Bible stuff

i said two but meant three

Comment

Damn, she took the high-road.

If I was her, I would've been "kee-kee-kee-in" all over this bxtch

Comment

Wait a minute. If she tested dirty and gets punished, shouldn't Tony Harrison also get punished? He's her damn trainer.

Comment

Originally posted by BlackRobb View Post
                Wait a minute. If she tested dirty and gets punished, shouldn't Tony Harrison also get punished? He's her damn trainer.
                Whats Tony got to do with it?????? Trainers aren't with their fighter 24/7/365.

Comment

So she tested positive on July 12, but let her fight 3 days later, July 15, ignoring the results. What's the purpose of these tests, anyways? Results are revealed only when the fight is over. Does that make sense?

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post

Whats Tony got to do with it?????? Trainers aren't with their fighter 24/7/365.
                    The trainer knows exactly what their fighter is doing. Don't be naive.

Comment

Originally posted by BlackRobb View Post

The trainer knows exactly what their fighter is doing. Don't be naive.
                      It could be the case a trainer knows. It could be the case a trainer doesn't know. I don't believe its something a trainer would 100% know. Its naive to think a trainer does know everything a boxer does I'd argue.
                      Last edited by Eff Pandas; 08-31-2023, 07:05 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X