Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

It was a low blow, Usyk reaction proves it..

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Then why didn't he grab his crotch while on the canvas. It looked more like the wind was knocked out of him more than anything. The punch landed on his belt line; Thereby rendering it a legal punch.

Also, I thought it was both a cowardly and tasteless display of unsportsmanlike conduct By Oleksandr; In a futile attempt to oversell a low blow in order to get Daniel Dubois disqualified.​

He did that because he knew there was a good chance that the referee was about to count him out.​

Comment

Originally posted by deathofaclown View Post

Of course he could just be smart and knew how to fake it.

His arms were in a spasm on the floor, that would likely be down to trauma to organs from a body shot. You don't have to be hit directly in your organs to cause trauma, an 18 stone powerful man with a big glove hitting you in the stomach will shake up your internal organs..

Look at this photo, you could say that's after the shot landed. But the trajectory of Dubois arm wouldn't take it from a low blow to that. His arm is rigid and tense, and unless he has a rubber arm, it's unlikely his hand would end up where it goes on this photo if the point of impact was a clear low blow.

That shot is on the belt line, and legal. The line of Usyk's hips are clearly below the belt line.

Screenshot_20230827_090535_X.jpg
      He’d have to have an all time great poker face. You can’t really hide a body shot.

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post

If you look at where the belt is, His testicles would almost be directly under his belly button.
        I think he got hit in the bladder, not sure if my biology is correct but that area between his stomach and his balls.

Comment

Originally posted by RJJ-94-02=GOAT View Post

He’d have to have an all time great poker face. You can’t really hide a body shot.

He didn't hide it, he was on the floor in pain, wriggling around with his arms in a spasm and pretended it was low

Comment

He didn't hide it, he was on the floor in pain, wriggling around with his arms in a spasm and pretended it was low

He looked like a fighter who’d been hit low.

Comment

Originally posted by RJJ-94-02=GOAT View Post

He looked like a fighter who’d been hit low.
              Because he didn't double over?

Its possible a body shot can send you on your back, especially from a bigger stronger man.

Wilder went on his back from a Fury body shot, yeah it was momentum too, but if Wilder didn't get up, we wouldn't be saying it wasn't a body shot because he didn't double over. It was a clear body shot and he went down on his back. I'm sure you could find many more examples.

It looked to me like a guy who can't really take it to the body which has been shown since the amateurs and he got caught in the body by arguably the biggest puncher he's ever faced and simply couldn't take it

I just don't see any way that was a low blow from the videos. Looked a legal shot to me, Usyk sold it as low and the ref took the bait.

people are going to have their own opinion on the matter, it doesn't really matter now, its done, but I think we can all agree Usyk is possible made of glass around the body.
              Last edited by deathofaclown; 08-27-2023, 08:03 AM.

Comment

Because he didn't double over?

Its possible a body shot can send you on your back, especially from a bigger stronger man.

Wilder went on his back from a Fury body shot, yeah it was momentum too, but if Wilder didn't get up, we wouldn't be saying it wasn't a body shot because he didn't double over. It was a clear body shot and he went down on his back. I'm sure you could find many more examples.

It looked to me like a guy who can't really take it to the body which has been shown since the amateurs and he got caught in the body by arguably the biggest puncher he's ever faced and simply couldn't take it

I just don't see any way that was a low blow from the videos. Looked a legal shot to me, Usyk sold it as low and the ref took the bait.

people are going to have their own opinion on the matter, it doesn't really matter now, its done, but I think we can all agree Usyk is possible made of glass around the body.
                Wilder was off balance. Usyk looked in uncomfortable pain after being hit low rather than crippling pain from a body shot.

He’s a smaller guy at Heavyweight, they’re going to have an effect, he’s shown resilience against AJ and Dubois, I’m not concerned about his durability tbh.

Comment

Originally posted by Toffee View Post
                  Rules aren't defined by a fighter's reaction.

There is lots of visual evidence on where the punch landed. There is also uncertainty given the shorts are high.

I just can't see how anyone could be as definitive as most are being on here. It's not definitively anything.

The fighter's reaction is obviously to claim a low blow. It's the smart response and Usyk is smart. He claimed plenty of them - some might have been, some I'm sure weren't low.
                  Bro, you're completely missing my point?

Serious question, have you ever been knocked out with a body shot? I have in sparring with big gloves on and couldn't move, and have seen plenty of fighters amateur and pro who have and it's the same.

There is no way in that moment, you could behave how Usyk was behaving. If it was a knock out body shot he would've been incapacitated, regardless of what the ref was doing. He wasn't. It was a low blow.

Comment

Working...
                  X