Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Photos: Canelo Alvarez, Jermell Charlo - Face To Face at New York Presser

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by nghtmr111 View Post

This is much better than Canelo vs Khan or Spence vs Mikey!
    Amen to that! Canelo fought paper-chinned Khan, but has said that Benavidez needs more fights. The former two-time champion!

Comment

Originally posted by SUBZER0ED View Post

Why? we've seen much worse match ups than this. It'll be interesting to see how the younger, skilled Charlo measures up to the naturally smaller and aging but still quite dangerous Canelo.
      I've seen more photos (different angles) and Charlo's overall height/size vs Canelo did impress me.
      Charlos are twins. But Jermell punishes himself by cutting one division more then Jermall.
      Over long time this is not good for the body. Now a sudden jump by 6kg, about 10%
      Quality weight / muscle is put on over longer periods of time.
      The likelihood is Jermell will be carrying additional 10% mostly fluids, which I'm not sure would benefit him in the fight.
      Canelo's team of course know these things and exploit these advantages.
      Past example is dragging a naturally chinny Amir Khan, was it 2 divisions up? And pretty much ending his career.

In context of who's better, the fight is quite meaningless like I said.
      But maybe there are some good coefficients to make money on, who knows?

Comment

Originally posted by Timur78 View Post

I've seen more photos (different angles) and Charlo's overall height/size vs Canelo did impress me.
        Charlos are twins. But Jermell punishes himself by cutting one division more then Jermall.
        Over long time this is not good for the body. Now a sudden jump by 6kg, about 10%
        Quality weight / muscle is put on over longer periods of time.
        The likelihood is Jermell will be carrying additional 10% mostly fluids, which I'm not sure would benefit him in the fight.
        Canelo's team of course know these things and exploit these advantages.
        Past example is dragging a naturally chinny Amir Khan, was it 2 divisions up? And pretty much ending his career.

In context of who's better, the fight is quite meaningless like I said.
        But maybe there are some good coefficients to make money on, who knows?
        Our bodies are 60-70% water. Since Charlo is naturally bigger than his fighting weight, maybe he'll be able to safely & comfortably carry the weight without being sluggish & too full of water. I thought I read that Jermell may come in under weight to maintain his speed.

Funny, I thought Canelo was older. They're the same age. Maybe it's the amount of fights that Saul's had that gave me the impression that he's older. They do say that a boxer only has so many fights in him.
        Timur78 Timur78 likes this.

Comment

Working...
        X