Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Hearn on Joshua's Performance Against Helenius: 'This Is Just the AJ You're Gonna See Now - No Chances'

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Hearn on Joshua's Performance Against Helenius: 'This Is Just the AJ You're Gonna See Now - No Chances'

Boxing fans have to accept that the Anthony Joshua of yore isn't coming back, according to his promoter. The former heavyweight titlist from Britain notched a devastating one-punch knockout of late-notice replacement Robert Helenius in the seventh round of their scheduled 12-round bout last Saturday night at The O2 Arena in London. It
    [Click Here To Read More]

AN needed the rounds and got the win, now let’s get AJ/Wilder signed.

Comment

Lets get behind him for the Wilder fight , he's going to need ALL the luck in the world!

Comment

I predicted he would go 5-6 with Helenius and he went 7. AJ needed rounds, not a one punch KO here because the only way he beats Wilder is to get him into the later rounds. If I was Wilder, I would be on top of him from the start of Round 1 and not give AJ a chance of getting into a Rhythm.

I predict Wilder KO's AJ and goes on to face Usyk or Fury 4.

Comment

It was very apparent that AJ was quicker than Helenius. It will be much more apparent that he is NOT quicker than Wilder, and that will be the story. I also think that Wilder has greatly improved through the Fury series and that will be apparent too. I still feel that he is the best when at his optimum weight, and that includes Fury. Gaining bulk for Fury was a big mistake on his part, IMO.

Comment

Helenius is a bummmmmm!!! LOLLL STOP IT..

AJ looked much better with Roberto Garcia.. MEH!!!

Comment

AJ has improved leaps and bounds athletically since Usyk but needs to let his hands go more and up his aggression.

Comment

AJ had the right approach in this fight. Helenius has size, skills and he can hit pretty hard. He's slow and he gasses as the fight goes on, AJ needed to minimize risk of a tricky counter or a sneaky lead.

The rounds were also an added benefit. Wilder fight will be a whole different set of challenges.

Comment

Its so frustrating to watch AJ now.
                  He may of needed the rounds but he got busted up by an opponent who, no matter what anyone says, isnt very good, old and took the fight on short notice.

AJ looked like Audley Harrison. So timid. No confidence. No fighting/boxing instincts.
                  He looked way too easy to hit, and at least could of boxed more impressively. I didnt see a good jab or good movement or...anything impressive!

Very difficult to not see him getting KO'd by Wilder.

He didnt look happy after the fight. And seemed defensive when asked about his performance.
                  Motofan Motofan likes this.

Comment

AJ v Wilder will be like throwing 2 water balloons at each other, it's just a question of which will pop first.

Wilder by ko in round 1 is my prediction.
                    Poopdick Poopdick likes this.

Comment

Working...
                    X