Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Jaron Ennis Still Open To Fighting Errol Spence Jr. Next

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Jaron Ennis Still Open To Fighting Errol Spence Jr. Next

It was supposed to be an all-out war, something that boxing fans would never forget. Errol Spence Jr. and Terence "Bud" Crawford captured the imagination of the boxing world. No matter how you sliced it, considering their resumes, the two were viewed as the best welterweights around. And while Jaron Ennis would vehemently disagree with that statement, he quietly took a backseat.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Boots. Dude. Calling out a guy that just got thrashed and has an immediate rematch clause? Maybe let the rematch thing play out and THEN call out Bud and Spence. You are coming off as silly at this point.

You want to build your value, call out Thurman, Ugas.....or even fight Staniois, or another top welter. Villa showed that you have work to do. If Bud, or Spence, hits you as cleanly as Villa did, you are done inside a few rounds.

Comment

Sorry, that would be a massacre. Ennis would knock out Spence in a few rounds. Errol's team will never take that fight, at any weight.

Comment

Originally posted by Theshotyoudontsee View Post
        Boots. Dude. Calling out a guy that just got thrashed and has an immediate rematch clause? Maybe let the rematch thing play out and THEN call out Bud and Spence. You are coming off as silly at this point.

You want to build your value, call out Thurman, Ugas.....or even fight Staniois, or another top welter. Villa showed that you have work to do. If Bud, or Spence, hits you as cleanly as Villa did, you are done inside a few rounds.
        "The main guy that I want is Bud. I’ll take Spence too but I think Spence is gonna go up to 54"

Villa is no better or worse than Avanesyan that Crawford fought. Boots does the same thing to Avenesyan or worse.
        Boots can compete with ANY of them at this point. Win, lose or draw he will be competitive.

I never want to see Spence at 147 again. Ever.

Comment

These article writers do have penchant for fantasy fights. They don't even want to add some ****e of reality to them like asking Jaron Boots about fights with at least some semblance of reality.

I understand they have guidelines to follow, but it seems asking follow up questions is a big no no for these writers' job. They can't even ask about the issue of activity while waiting for specific fighters that may never be available for Ennis. There are available fighters like Kavaliauskas, Avanesyan, Stanionis, Crowley, etc. Hard to understand why they can't inject even a small dose of reality.

Do this writer believe Spence vs Ennis can happen any time soon? If not, then what's the purpose of this article?

Comment

everybody knows that Bud and Spence have a rematch next. Neither guy will be available until late next year.

Comment

Spence don't need those problems! The fact that Spence was going to fight Thurman @ 154, instead of Boots, tells me he knew he couldn't deal with Boots, at 147, nor 154!

Comment

Originally posted by Bronx2245 View Post
                Spence don't need those problems! The fact that Spence was going to fight Thurman @ 154, instead of Boots, tells me he knew he couldn't deal with Boots, at 147, nor 154!
                Has nothing to do that with that. It's about the Economics. Spence/Thurman have both been on and sold PPVs.

Comment

Bud is not interested in Boots, Spence got a rematch in between a long hiatus probably. Why is Boots still calling for fights that isnt happening? He's gotta start taking the best fights available so fans can clamor for him about this high profile fights. Stanionis will be a start, after that maybe start reaching for Ortiz if he stays at 147. No more overmatched opponents. If he takes this path and continues to win impressively, he will get a Crawford at some point. Who he fights next will be absolutely telling what he is about.

Comment

“It was an ok fight,” Ennis told YSM Sports Media.
                    El_Mero El_Mero likes this.

Comment

Working...
                    X