Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Errol Spence Jr vs Terence Crawford real PPV buys is.....

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[QUOTE=Hustle;n31960108]
    Originally posted by garfios View Post

Chavez is the most popular name in Mexican boxing. That name alone sells.

Canelo needs a name to touch 1 million homes
    I think everyone needs a dancing partner. And yes the only reason they got to that number it was the name.

Comment

Those are still great numbers considering the state of the economy;.With the rise of prices, inflation and interests rates going up. People have less money to purchase. Hell I doubt that even Canelo’s PPV would sell as much.

Comment

Originally posted by Gate keeper View Post

Yes he stated Crawford vs Spence did well and then you randomly implied that he stated Pac vs Thurman did well which he did not. That is called conflation. You then proceed to argue from that conflated point, which was the straw man.

Again it is possible for a particular PPV buy number to be good for one fighter and not good for another.

​​
        But that's exactly my point. If you concede that social media helps to sell a fight, then you have to also concede that a PPV overperforming or underperforming is not simply a matter of the number of buys or who the top fighters are at the time.

Other things like social presence have to be taken in to account too, which I believe was at the core of the original argument that you disputed. Unless you're implying that all fighters and fights have relatively the same social media presence. Because if not, then one could logically say that the PPV sold well for Crawford vs Spence considering their lower media presence.
        are you ******ed??? i am asking him what he thinks of pac vs thurman ppv since he said crawford vs spence did "really well" but it was only slightly above pac vs thurman in which was consider a flop on here... so since pac vs thurman is a flop, how is spence vs crawford consider did "really well"...

Comment

Working...
        X