Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Hatton Could See Retirement For The Joshua vs. Whyte Loser

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Hatton Could See Retirement For The Joshua vs. Whyte Loser

Former two division world champion Ricky Hatton could see retirement for the loser of the upcoming Anthony Joshua vs. Dillian Whyte rematch. Joshua and Whyte will collide for a second time on August 12 at the O2 Arena in London.
    [Click Here To Read More]

I don't agree, Whyte will be another Chisora and there's too much money out there for Joshua and Hearn not to continue their business plan , as Joshua said 'it's all about money' .Should Joshua lose they will never fight Wilder but be eager to cash out with Fury. Should Whyte lose , there's nothing new ,rematch with Parker and many other options.
    MusoMeanderings MusoMeanderings likes this.

Comment

He cannot stop Whyte he needs to retire

Comment

Hatton says in this article that Aj has a massive heart. . The guy basically quit against ruiz. Wilder , on the other hand he showed heart against fury in their fights getting battered and wanting to continue.

Comment

Originally posted by thack View Post
          I don't agree, Whyte will be another Chisora and there's too much money out there for Joshua and Hearn not to continue their business plan , as Joshua said 'it's all about money' .Should Joshua lose they will never fight Wilder but be eager to cash out with Fury. Should Whyte lose , there's nothing new ,rematch with Parker and many other options.
          Pretty much. Still plenty of C level fights out there for Whyte that could be good scraps, like Parker, Dubois, Chisors 3 etc. He could and would fight the likes of Hrgovic, Bakole etc. He's in a decent position either way, as long as he wants to keep going.

AJ's position is more complicated. He's already fighting in smaller venues again compared to a few years ago. If he lost to Whyte, his popularity will be an all time low. I guess people still would watch the fight v Wilder though.

People would still watch Fury v AJ. But what kind of split is he gonna get if hes lost to Whyte? DAZN and Hearn are still trying to pump him up as a super star but he would be heading big fights with someone like Fury as the clear underdog for a low split. It just messes up the whole image of how they market AJ.

I just wonder if AJ would be willing to carry on fighting regularly as just another heavyweight a couple of levels below the top fighters.

Comment

Agreed Whyte is sorted either way although his stock would rocket if he cleaned out Joshua. Hearn would find another excuse to keep Joshua in the picture , as much as I have little time for Hearn he must be commended for the marketing of Joshua who talent wise has earned far more than the talent he possess. I hate to say it but it's the best marketing job I've seen for a fighter with such limited talent ever!

Comment

AJ uppercut are good he elongated wlads neck, so might be ko in bag here. But even if Josh were to lose, he can resurrect his reputation with wins over wilder and fury. We are owed those fights
              Last edited by hugh grant; 08-03-2023, 07:54 AM.
              Poopdick Poopdick likes this.

Comment

what we witnessed last Saturday is horrible mechanics from spence. taught all along by that hype job trainer of his. and Joshua is gonna get smoked again within next 3 fights. maybe not against whyte. he out of shape. but its coming and it gonna be another proof in the pudding moment about that trainer

Comment

Working...
                X