Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Nate Diaz Says Boxing-MMA Crossover Fights Are 'F------ Played Out & Burned A Bit'

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by theface07 View Post
    I don't like either of these clowns. Nate Diaz sounds like he has brain damage, one minute disparaging boxing and the next minute talking about how he's probably going to box again after the Paul fight. He thinks fighting in the ring isn't a real fight and that boxers talk a lot of ****. MMA is basically juiced up wrestlers yelling nonsensical gibberish into the camera to excite their imbecilic fan base. Just because boxing is more sophisticated than MMA it doesn't mean it's not a real fight. If he thinks boxing is so much of a joke, he better beat the amateur youtube king Paul or he's going to look dumber than usual. Here's hoping they both get knocked out and go away forever.
    My condolences to the Diaz brothers for choosing to train for a conbat sport that pays peanuts even at the highest level and has become monopolized by a single company which disallows it's employees from profiting from the fame they've acheived there.
    If they for one moment had the COURAGE to train instead for the ONE combat sport that makes millionaires out of their champions, and to forego the girly kicks, bathouse grapping and other useful shortcuts; they wouldn't have that "widely known but dirt poor" chip on their shoulder.

The references to Boxing as being "less of a fight" than a more opened rules format is tired, inaccurate... ENVY.

Allow eye gouging and biting and groin attacks to MMA and it dumps best practice for MMA technique in the trash can, as all that distended ground grappling immediately becomes far less useful and far more dangerous; and reverts the logical approach RIGHT back towards nailing the opponent hard and clean and walking away- Like real life.

This isn't to say BY ANY MEANS, that the grappling & striking seen in the "grappler-safe" world of Mixed Martial Arts isn't 100% useful; even imperative to a hand to hand arsenal (along with a good combat knife, we might add); but the often re-told notion that MMA more closely assimilates a "real fight" because it's rules restrictions are more open than a boxing match, is obviously flawed when examined by fact and reason.

Nail em' hard, fast, accurate, watch em' fall as you make your way out the door. That's what boxers do better than anyone else. Even MMA trainers know this. Obviously.
    That's your best course for altercation in a straight bar.
    ...unless you happen to be fighting your bum buddy on a Rio beach wearing a Speedo, that is.

I enjoy both (all) combat sports and I explain this with tongue in cheek, I rush to point out; but boxing, sub grappling, kickboxing, wrestling and ya, MMA; are combat SPORTS, conducted with rules to contain the encounter and PREVENT a "real fight".
    Military brothers know this.

Comment

Originally posted by PerfectJab View Post

You don't even have to go back that far....
      Former WBO champion, Krzysztof Głowacki​ about a month ago had his first MMA fight, was fully mounted by his opponent and KO him with ONE punch while lying on his BACK.

7982a5a79a7aca72e361baad042318df04675715e71d850dcca055d3f77dc1e2.gif

They also don't like to talk about the K1-match Shannon Briggs vs MMA'er Tom Erikson...

XY4J3Ei.gif
      Briggs being interviewed on the way to the dressing room "He kicked me" .... "I got mad"..."I don't like nobody kicking me"!!!
      Thank you for this post, what a beautiful comment! Someone get this man a pint

Comment

Doesn't sound like Nate's showing up to win.

Comment

MMA is indeed more like a real fight when you can just..... turn your back and run if you've had enough.
          There is no escaping your opponent in a boxing ring. I have had this conversations with mma-fans for years and they always end up looking ****** because I have a whole list that debunks this nonsense.

It's just pure jealousy, don't forget that a lot of and certainly the best/most recognizable fighters like i.e. Anderson Silva and Jose Aldo admitted that they actually wanted to do something else (football/boxing) but were never good enough.

c45fd-16894827429921-1920.jpg
          Great post!

Comment

Originally posted by Oldskoolg View Post
            This again…if any mma fighter or fan of wants to see what a “real fight” looks like they need to join the Army, Navy, Marines, or Air Force and pick an Mos such as infantry, special operations, etc etc, go to combat, lock horns with someone in close combat who wants to kill you and then let’s talk whether you felt it was like a sanctioned ufc match with rounds, rules, referees, judges, ringside doctors, cornermen, commissions etc etc. boxing and mma are sports…period. And notice none of these mma fighters EVER mention Ray Mercer?
            Also a great post

Comment

You don't even have to go back that far....
              Former WBO champion, Krzysztof Głowacki​ about a month ago had his first MMA fight, was fully mounted by his opponent and KO him with ONE punch while lying on his BACK.

7982a5a79a7aca72e361baad042318df04675715e71d850dcca055d3f77dc1e2.gif

They also don't like to talk about the K1-match Shannon Briggs vs MMA'er Tom Erikson...

XY4J3Ei.gif
              Briggs being interviewed on the way to the dressing room "He kicked me" .... "I got mad"..."I don't like nobody kicking me"!!!
              The win-loss record for the very Old, Has-been and never-was collection of pro boxers going into MMA is actually a winning record. Ray Mercer fought a worked match (Exhibition) against Kimbo Slice, then fought for real in MMA and KOd the former 2x UFC heavyweight champ ...and blew him away in NINE SECONDS!!!! He was 48 years old.

A great post, BTW.

Comment

Working...
              X