Collapse
No announcement yet.

Vanes: "Sergio Martinez, I'll Snatch Your Title Away B*tch"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I really don't think martinez is all that. Even if it's a step up, it's not a huge one.

Comment

Originally posted by -Antonio- View Post
      I really don't think martinez is all that. Even if it's a step up, it's not a huge one.
      you need to watch more of his fights if you think that. martinez is a solid boxer.

Comment

lets get this **** on!!!!!!!!!!!!! War Martinez ... show him who has the boxing skills at 154

Comment

This fight belongs on the undercard of PW/KP! HBO and TR need to step up and add this becuz I see no other good matchup available. Although I dnt see this one being a fireworks show. But a fight nevertheless!

Comment

Originally posted by argminasyan View Post
            I agree with both of you and he was respectful in his calling everyone out and didnt use any bad words. It was Martinez that came out and provoked Vanes by implying that he's a ***** and Vanes' response is totally justified. Why is nobody getting on Martinez's case for coming so vulgarly and demanding a fight??? and now since he is demanding the fight, his promoters should talk to Top Rank and make the fight happen. I dont think Sergio actually thought Vanes would take his challenge but he's ready and Sergio is grossly overrated.... tell me he who he has beaten other than maybe Cintron that you would consider a high caliber fighter.... Alex Bunema the fight before Cintron just got beat by a 16-6 guy nobody's heard of.. I would argue if you take out Cintron, Vanes' competition actually seems a little better than Martinez's...

so yeah when this fight happens and Vanes comes out victorious all you haters and doubters that dont know **** about boxing will acknowledge that you dont know **** about boxing...
            That's my point. Vanes' initial message (which I believed was him anyway, and has since been proven to be the case) was calling out other fighters but in a respectful manner. The "follow up" just seemed way out of character.

As far as your question on Sergio - I agree, for a guy who has been MIA for most of the year, he really has no right to talk that **** to Vanes, or really any other fighter. Shut the **** up and get in the ring, then MAYBE you can talk a little something.

Comment

Originally posted by jantzen212003 View Post
              This fight belongs on the undercard of PW/KP! HBO and TR need to step up and add this becuz I see no other good matchup available. Although I dnt see this one being a fireworks show. But a fight nevertheless!
              I agree. I can really do without Clottey v. any of the names they mentioned for him.

Comment

I've only seen Vanes fight a couple of times, but from what I have seen I would say he's ready for the big boys of the Division. Get the fight done both guys want to fight. It should be a good fight.

Comment

Originally posted by mt102879 View Post
                  Do you happen to know if publicists speaking on behalf of a fighter is a regular occurrence when fighters are quoted in various articles? I remember once John Scully mentioned that some Dawson comments that showed up in article definitely didn't come out of his mouth.
                  Yeah, a lot of it for sure. Basically, just read what they say, and then hear what they say (and how they say it), and you can tell what's truly being said and what's being fabricated.

It's especially popular among younger, lesser-known publicists, where no matter who they represent, all of their fighters amazingly talk the same exact way, either respectful to a fault, or coming out sounding like a frat kid.

Comment

wow, talk **** and get a title shot at the end of the day!!!

Good job Vanes, let's see if this fight actually gets made.....

Seems like there's no reason why it shouldn't both guys are desparately seeking an opponent and this war of words seems to make us think that a clash is soon to come......

hopefully neither one of them cries about how much money they'll be making so really there should be NO EXCUSE.....

Also can anyone tell me, why there are rankings in these divisions?

why is it that Martinez can't just fight the #1 ranked fighter for his title or the #2, #3 ,or #4 contender?

I'll never understand the bs in boxing!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by JakeNDaBox View Post
                      Yeah, a lot of it for sure. Basically, just read what they say, and then hear what they say (and how they say it), and you can tell what's truly being said and what's being fabricated.

It's especially popular among younger, lesser-known publicists, where no matter who they represent, all of their fighters amazingly talk the same exact way, either respectful to a fault, or coming out sounding like a frat kid.
                      Cool, thanks. I'm always interested in what goes on behind the scenes. I've done preciously what you've said before where the quote and the person I know of don't quite add up.

Comment

Working...
                      X