Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: WBC Approves Haney To Challenge Prograis; Now Named 'Champion In Recess' at 135

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: WBC Approves Haney To Challenge Prograis; Now Named 'Champion In Recess' at 135

Devin Haney will have to fight his way back to undisputed lightweight championship status. BoxingScene.com has confirmed that the WBC split its votes regarding Haney's request to both retain his lightweight title status and challenge for the sanctioning body's 140-pound title. Haney was granted permission to pursue a fight versus WBC junior welterweight titlist, but will have to settle for WBC lightweight 'Champion in Recess' status to go that route.
    [Click Here To Read More]

If I’m Haney, I just tell Shakur, “There goes me fighting you at 135.” Stevenson should have taken the 25% split Haney offered. He should have swallowed his ego and realized that the last two opponents Haney fought are better than anyone he’s fought during his whole career. Stevenson needs to stop overestimating his value and thinking he’s a top draw just because he sells out fights in Newark. Now he’ll have to fight Loma - who, whether you agree with it or like it, is coming off a loss to Haney - or Frank Martin, who wasn’t impressive in his last fight but is still high risk, low reward.
    Last edited by Roj; 08-01-2023, 07:38 PM.

Comment

Was pretty clear Haney didnt avenge his gift decision vs Loma, nor didnt he want any smoke with Shakur, didnt take the Teo fight either, went for the good style matchup vs Prograis who looked very poor in his last fight vs a c level boxer. Well at least 2 real fighters in Loma and Shakur can fight for the belt now.

Comment

Originally posted by Roj View Post
        If I’m Haney, I just tell Shakur, “There goes me fighting you at 135.” Stevenson should have taken the 25% split Haney offered. He should have swallowed his ego and realized that the last two opponents Haney fought are better than anyone he’s fought during his whole career. Stevenson needs to stop overestimating his value and thinking he’s a top draw just because he sells out fights in Newark. Now he’ll have to fight Loma - who, whether you agree with it or like it, is coming off a loss to Haney - or Frank Martin, who wasn’t impressive in his last fight but is still high risk, low reward.
        I really don't believe Haney would've accepted the fight even if Shakur had agreed to the 25%

Comment

If I'm Shakur I say Hahahaha,Haney outslicked himself! If he loses to Prograis he's got to take even money against Shakur or Loma !

Comment

Hoping Regis break down Haney and khtfo so Haney goes back down and gets washed by Shakur
            AmpMcv AmpMcv likes this.

Comment

A display of how inferior Matchroom is in the states in comparison to Top Rank..

Comment

Haney can not make 135 anymore and he knows it. Haney also knows without a world title he is going to get dog walked in negotiations. If haney gets a world title at 140 watch how fast he vacates the belts at 135. He can probably claim A side against regis but can’t do that with tank even being the undisputed champion lol.

if he loses to Regis (which I doubt) he could still cash out and turn into a skeleton at 135 for the highest bidder had he been able to money branch with the title like he was hoping.
                NENOBROWN NENOBROWN likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Roj View Post
                  Oscar Valdez is better than Kambosos. And Stevenson - if he wins the WBC title - just got himself a higher percentage than 25%. It still wouldn't be 50% if they were to unify I wouldn't think because Haney would still have 3 of the 4 belts.
                  NENOBROWN NENOBROWN likes this.

Comment

Didn't hankey say it would be his last fight at 135?

Comment

Working...
                    X