No announcement yet.

How far up can Crawford go?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How far up can Crawford go?

We had a thread like this for Inoue and I'd be curious to hear opinions on the same subject for Crawford. World champ at 135 and undisputed at both 140 and 147.

Personally I have no doubt he can become a champ at 154, I'd probably even pick him to beat everyone at that weight tomorrow, with only Jermell feeling like a tough fight.

160 is where I think he'd start to feel a difference in the size and strength of the guys he's fighting, but that weight class is so weak right now, I feel very confident he could win a belt there. Vincenzo Gualtieri and ancient Erislandy Lara are champs at 160 for Christ's sake.

What about 168? That's a longgggg ways up and might be a bridge too far imo. Perhaps with careful matching, he could win a belt there, considering it is generally a thin division after a few at the top. I'm sure Crawford would handle a guy like Bazinyan or Murdock or something for a vacant title, but I can't imagine him fighting Benavidez for example. Guys like Plant, Andrade and both Charlo's would be very interesting future opponents though imo.

I'm not gonna entertain the thought of 175 personally, but I'm interested to hear what other people think.

He should retire at 154. Anything higher is too much for him imo and dangerous at his age to try since he will sustain more damage potentially as his reflexes slow.

Comment

Crawford - Charlo at 154 should be next.

Unfortunately, for some reason, Canelo fights a small Charlo next, which is a complete mismatch.

Comment

154 Max, anything farther than that is asking to lose.

Comment

Crawford maxes out at 154.

Comment

There's not much else besides Booty Ennis and maybe Thurman at 147.

Crawford is 35 going on 36, 154 would be too much for him at this point, he should finish his career at 47.

Comment

I honestly think he could win a 160lb title, given the pathetic state of MW.

Crawford should fight Tim Tszyu in Australia, and show Jermell how it's done.

Comment

Its a shame that canelo got the smaller charlo because crawford would stop his overrated ass at 154.

But yes agree there is no reason to keep climbing weights at an older age 154 is fine.
                Baltimore Baltimore likes this.

Comment

I think 154lbs, but he's not out of his depth to entertain certain match ups at 160lbs. Not really sure about 168lbs, I would need to see him at 160lbs first, but I'll say no for now.

Comment

Originally posted by HandsofIron View Post
                    There's not much else besides Booty Ennis and maybe Thurman at 147.

Crawford is 35 going on 36, 154 would be too much for him at this point, he should finish his career at 47.
                    he would be fine at 154, his cheeks were sunken in at the final presser, like 24 hours or more before the weigh in. he is large welter and cutting a lot to make 147

Comment

Working...
                    X