Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Terence Crawford, Errol Spence Jr. Make Weight For Welterweight Title Unification Fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by joesaiditstrue View Post

did you think they just decided to have a closed weigh-in for no reason
    Closed weigh-in was for all fighters and likely to ensure that the bookies didn't change the odds for a silly reason.

Comment

Originally posted by juanpablo View Post
      The only strong unknown for me is Spence's inactivity. I don't know how long it'll take him to get rid of the ring rust but I really hope it doesn't take him like 5 rounds to get rid of it because it might be too late. Once Crawford gets in a rhythm is hard to get him out of it.
      He isn't shedding the ring rust in any round. The best he can hope for is catching Crawford with something he doesn't see. Thing is, Crawford is one of the most cautious fighters out there so i can't see that happening.

Crawford will stop him at some point. But Crawford hasn't looked good when he's stepped up (Gamboa, Postal, Porter) so it may take time in a boring fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Godsfly View Post

Thats true and great points. But also Crawford has ring rust. And the David Avanesyan fight maybe a sense of delusion. That fight was a sparring match rather then anything else so in truth Crawford has heavy ring rust.
        Crawford has been out for 7 months. Why would he have ring rust? Spence has been out for 15 months. That's bad. That's very bad.
        Joe Beamish Joe Beamish likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by joesaiditstrue View Post

did you think they just decided to have a closed weigh-in for no reason
          That's not the first time a closed weigh in has been done. It's common now. You'll have to come up with a different conspiracy theory.

Comment

Boxing journalist are claiming that bud failed his first weigh in and was over by ounces. Needing time to sweat down. Blue blood didn't pick up on the story first
            Nobody has provided a single credible source. Like Coppinger, for example.

And most people on social media are pointing back to Blue Blood as the "true" source.

Now, I did see some theories that are rather compelling.
            • wearing a dark hoodie when it's almost 120 degrees in Vegas (where I am) is a bit suspect, although the place could be air conditioned, if it weren't that would be guaranteed additional sweating = drop some more pounds without half trying.
            • Started camp in March (BoMac) - that's an extremely long camp. Which raises the question of either being overtrained (that would explain his appearance) or needing significantly more time to cut weight
            • Having a doctor in his entourage? Why?
            Those are suspect things. But that's all we have, are su****ions. Which until anything has proof, is just an excuse.
            Last edited by Combat Talk Radio; 07-28-2023, 05:26 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Leicesterage View Post

And most people on social media are pointing back to Blue Blood as the "true" source.
              honestly I hope you're right

Comment

Now, I did see some theories that are rather compelling.
                • wearing a dark hoodie when it's almost 120 degrees in Vegas (where I am) is a bit suspect, although the place could be air conditioned, if it weren't that would be guaranteed additional sweating = drop some more pounds without half trying.
                • Started camp in March (BoMac) - that's an extremely long camp. Which raises the question of either being overtrained (that would explain his appearance) or needing significantly more time to cut weigt
                • Having a doctor in his entourage? Why?
                Those are suspect things. But that's all we have, are su****ions. Which until anything has proof, is just an excuse.
                No. The story was broken on Twitter by Boxing journalist. Blue blood just d*k ride the story. Also who in their right mind would come out right now and officially give u proof that crawford missed weight considering that it was a hidden weigh in and u will lose your media ccrondentials even giving hard proof. Also u have to remember that bud comes down from 180 to 147 (5 years ago) imagine now. BTW errol spoke to everyone after the press conference bud was out of there. I hope and pray that bud didn't and he is on point. I would be pissed.

Comment

No. The story was broken on Twitter by Boxing journalist. Blue blood just d*k ride the story. Also who in their right mind would come out right now and officially give u proof that crawford missed weight considering that it was a hidden weigh in and u will lose your media ccrondentials even giving hard proof. Also u have to remember that bud comes down from 180 to 147 (5 years ago) imagine now. BTW errol spoke to everyone after the press conference bud was out of there. I hope and pray that bud didn't and he is on point. I would be pissed.
                  No boxing journalists were allowed in. Fat Dan (Rafael) who has a press pass was denied access. The only people who would know, are Crawford's camp, Spence's camp, the venue staff, TGB / PBC, and maybe some Nevada commission people. None of them are going to "leak" that information.

Errol sticking around when Crawford didn't - okay? Could be he's just overtrained or just tired from trying to make weight. Or he went to get a burger.

My point is, it's all speculation. I've never said that he did or didn't miss weight. All I'm saying is, it's a bunch of rumors and nothing else at this point.

Comment

This dude keeps saying "boxing journalist"....go ahead and name them or shut the **** up. As as now you've provided zero credible sources.

Comment

No boxing journalists were allowed in. Fat Dan (Rafael) who has a press pass was denied access. The only people who would know, are Crawford's camp, Spence's camp, the venue staff, TGB / PBC, and maybe some Nevada commission people. None of them are going to "leak" that information.

Errol sticking around when Crawford didn't - okay? Could be he's just overtrained or just tired from trying to make weight. Or he went to get a burger.

My point is, it's all speculation. I've never said that he did or didn't miss weight. All I'm saying is, it's a bunch of rumors and nothing else at this point.
                      Again. No one is gonna provide you factual evidence of a ceremonial weigh in. How would you even go about getting that in paper for you? Really think about. Also media personal are swarming all over this fight. They may be banned from entering the actual weigh in but they are swarming these fighters where ever they go at this point. And if crawford returns more then twice you can put 2 and 2 together that he is trying to make weight. Also yes. Crawford has been in a sweat Hoodie. has a doctor on stand by. Yes the talks maybe wrong. But its something to take into consideration with all things pointing even before this it was not easy making the weight. I think both guys move up after this.
                      Last edited by Godsfly; 07-28-2023, 05:50 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X