No announcement yet.

Why did you pick Fulton?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why did you pick Fulton?

This is not a diss thread and we would all like to keep this civil just a question for the fans that picked Steph. I personally thought the monster would win because he is a generational talent like a Manny and Floyd but I can see why some thought Fulton had the tools to trouble him. So why did you pick him to win honestly? What Fulton win or Inoue fight gave you that feeling?

because fulton is similar to floyd mayweathe

Comment

boots said he was too big too strong

Comment

i thought his boxing skills would be enough to beat inoue... i am not big on japanese boxing.. most of them aint really that good. they usually stay in japan and fight against other japanese fighters... so i figure once inoue steps in against a slick american boxer, he's gonna have problems since he's never dealt with these type of fighters before.

Comment

I had Inoue winning and potentially getting the stoppage when the fight was first announced. I've always been very complimentary of him and have considered him an ATG at the lighter divisions. I expected a fight where Fulton would put up a very good match but Inoue might be edging him out in rounds by a few good punches.

After seeing how Inoue put on the weight I felt more confident in my pick and saying that Inoue would get the stoppage. He did not look bulky and was still proportioned.

I have never been overly impressed with Fulton but I acknowledge that he is a very good champion and was the overall top guy at 122.

What surprised me was just how much quicker Inoue was at 122. He made Fulton look very slow at times. Combined with how effortlessly Inoue is able to swing those power shots and it was obvious from the first round that Fulton was outclassed in every area of boxing. And that is saying something when you are able to do that against a really good champion.

Just looking Just looking likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by IceTrayDaGang View Post
            i thought his boxing skills would be enough to beat inoue... i am not big on japanese boxing.. most of them aint really that good. they usually stay in japan and fight against other japanese fighters... so i figure once inoue steps in against a slick american boxer, he's gonna have problems since he's never dealt with these type of fighters before.
            Inoue has beaten world titlists from all over
            Ryoichi Taguchi - Japanese
            Adrian Hernandez - Mexican
            Omar Narvaez - Argentine
            Kohei Kono - Japanese
            Jamie McDonnell - English
            Juan Carlos Payano - Dominican
            Emmanuel Rodriguez - Puerto Rican
            Nonito Donaire (twice) - Filipino-American
            Jason Moloney - Australian
            Paul Butler - English
            Stephen Fulton - American
            Just looking Just looking likes this.

Comment

I had it around 50/50 with Steph being live & I kinda started thinking he was the bigger, stronger man, who could keep Monster off of him.

As it got closer to the fight started to favor Steph slightly, with maybe only a robbery in Japan helping Monster win.

I thought maybe Monster had reached the edge of his abilities at 122, as this is I think his 4th weight division.

Comment

Cmon man you know a majority of the people that picked foolton was because of their bias for black fighters. Anybody with a brain knew foolton would lose

Comment

melanin

Comment

gave 50/50 chance ...i thought he was smarter, just as fast if not faster and more versatile...plus i thought inoue woud not be as strong at 122....

Comment

Working...
                    X