Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Robeisy Ramirez Embraces Quick Turnaround For First Title Defense: We Know The Importance Of Being Active

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Robeisy Ramirez Embraces Quick Turnaround For First Title Defense: We Know The Importance Of Being Active

Robeisy Ramirez can't imagine waiting months on end for the chance to fight. Not even a loss in pro debut or a global pandemic less than a year later has slowed down the career progress of the two-time Olympic Gold medalist and recently crowned WBO featherweight titlist. Another quick turnaround is enjoyed by Ramirez, who will face Satoshi Shimizu less than four months after his April 1 title win over Isaac Dogboe.
    [Click Here To Read More]

I appreciate that; but they chose a pretty weak opponent, so there’s little chance of getting ruffled in between meaningful bouts.

Comment

Ramirez has the right idea , a busy fighter is a sharp fighter. Plus fighting is how you get known , it's how you build a career, a legacy , and a bank balance. Fighting once a year makes it easy to forget about you.

Comment

Originally posted by CubanGuyNYC View Post
        I appreciate that; but they chose a pretty weak opponent, so there’s little chance of getting ruffled in between meaningful bouts.
        Yup, just a 12-1 with 11 knockouts pro record and Olympic bronze medalist. Total scrub. But hey, he gets to stay active and gets a Japanese vacation.

Comment

Originally posted by crimsonfalcon07 View Post

Yup, just a 12-1 with 11 knockouts pro record and Olympic bronze medalist. Total scrub. But hey, he gets to stay active and gets a Japanese vacation.
          You’re just looking at the surface. Rookie mistake. Look Shimizu up. He’s 37 years old. Never fought outside Japan. His last fight? An opponent with a 14-22-5 record. That sound like something to you?
          DerekD DerekD likes this.

Comment

You’re just looking at the surface. Rookie mistake. Look Shimizu up. He’s 37 years old. Never fought outside Japan. His last fight? An opponent with a 14-22-5 record. That sound like something to you?
            Yeah, looks just like a guy who's still early in his career. Except for being 37... Didn't go pro until age 30. Very weird career. But he fights on Inoue undercards, which is probably why he was offered to Ramirez. Should be pretty straightforward for Robeisy, although I expect he's got enough power to at least keep Ramirez somewhat honest, so he might get a few rounds in. It's a voluntary, and should be a decent pay day. Nice Japanese vacation for Robeisy, as I said, and lets him stay active.

Comment

Yeah, looks just like a guy who's still early in his career. Except for being 37... Didn't go pro until age 30. Very weird career. But he fights on Inoue undercards, which is probably why he was offered to Ramirez. Should be pretty straightforward for Robeisy, although I expect he's got enough power to at least keep Ramirez somewhat honest, so he might get a few rounds in. It's a voluntary, and should be a decent pay day. Nice Japanese vacation for Robeisy, as I said, and lets him stay active.
              Agreed. The fact that Shimizu got started so late got by me. I don’t think anyone should be taken lightly — witness Robeisy’s debut loss — but this guy should pose no problems. I can see Ramírez giving his Shimizu his second KO loss. I would recommend trying. Never any telling with a hometown boy.

Comment

Agreed. The fact that Shimizu got started so late got by me. I don’t think anyone should be taken lightly — witness Robeisy’s debut loss — but this guy should pose no problems. I can see Ramírez giving his Shimizu his second KO loss. I would recommend trying. Never any telling with a hometown boy.
                Agreed. Don't think your take is off though. Even looking at his amateur career, he's very inconsistent. And judging feels like it's been getting even more blatant about its corruption and flaws. I would be surprised if this one went the distance. Should be good exposure for Robeisy, and IMO he needs the rounds to polish that talent. Still got some pretty big gaps in defense, so a guy who should not be too much threat but still has respectable power ought to be good development.
                ​​​
                ​​​​​​
                CubanGuyNYC CubanGuyNYC likes this.

Comment

Agreed. Don't think your take is off though. Even looking at his amateur career, he's very inconsistent. And judging feels like it's been getting even more blatant about its corruption and flaws. I would be surprised if this one went the distance. Should be good exposure for Robeisy, and IMO he needs the rounds to polish that talent. Still got some pretty big gaps in defense, so a guy who should not be too much threat but still has respectable power ought to be good development.
                  ​​​
                  ​​​​​​
                  Yeah, Ramirez is fairly aggressive. He could use better defense, but I don’t think he’ll ever be that guy. Our thoughts are in-line once again. Nice to get some eyes on that undercard. Be interesting to see how Robeisy handles a much taller opponent, too. But I’ll tell you, a 5’11” 37 year-old man fighting at 126 doesn’t sound very threatening. I have a feeling that if dissected, few if any of those KOs would stand up to the scrutiny. Looking forward to this one.

Comment

Yeah, Ramirez is fairly aggressive. He could use better defense, but I don’t think he’ll ever be that guy. Our thoughts are in-line once again. Nice to get some eyes on that undercard. Be interesting to see how Robeisy handles a much taller opponent, too. But I’ll tell you, a 5’11” 37 year-old man fighting at 126 doesn’t sound very threatening. I have a feeling that if dissected, few if any of those KOs would stand up to the scrutiny. Looking forward to this one.
                    Speaking of taller opponents, did you see Superlek v Nabil Anane from ONE Friday fights 22? That was a crazy height differential (and beatdown, although not as bad as Superlek v Khalilov).

Comment

Working...
                    X