Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Fulton Head Trainer Raises Issue Over Hand Wraps Ahead Of Inoue Fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Fulton Head Trainer Raises Issue Over Hand Wraps Ahead Of Inoue Fight

The team surrounding Stephen Fulton has raised a hand wrap scandal which they would like resolved prior to fight night. Wahid Rahim, Fulton's head trainer, took a drastic turn during Saturday's press conference ahead of the upcoming showdown versus Naoya Inoue. The threat of walking away from Tuesday's WBC/WBO junior featherweight title fight was put on the table, over concerns that Yokohama's Inoue (24-0, 21KOs) wraps his hands in a fashion that is considered 'stacking' in most commissions around the world.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Is this going to be a Wilder situation?

Comment

Originally posted by bullydean View Post
      Is this going to be a Wilder situation?
      Sounds more like a Margarito situation. Apparently multiple fighters and trainers are confirming the bad wraps. It really puts a bad light on Inoue's previous knockouts.

Not only is it like hitting a guy with a brick, but it protects the hands and allows a guy to throw much harder with no fear of breaking their hands.
      Last edited by Theshotyoudontsee; 07-22-2023, 01:10 PM.

Comment

Say it ain't so.

Comment

Inoue had hand issues early in his career I'm sure

Comment

Damn Naontonio Inourito? Or just talk from Fulton’s trainer?

I hope this gets resolved. And I hope if this is true, that it isn’t allowed for Inoue to do anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by El_Cholo View Post
              Inoue had hand issues early in his career I'm sure
              Calzaghe, Mayweather and Malignaggi as well but i’ve never heard of a trainer/fighter complain that these fighters wrap their hands like a cast.
              Alexis67 Alexis67 likes this.

Comment

It's either legal where they are fighting or it's not. This is why some fighters fight exclusively in Texas or Vegas.

Comment

I saw the Donaire v Inoue video about the wrap issue. I wasn’t exactly hip to the issue but after some research it’s really pretty bad.
                  Surprised there is not official rule book on legal and illegal wraps from the commissions.
                  Rebelrbg Rebelrbg likes this.

Comment

Is the double wrapping outlawed by the commission or not? Was the double wrapping illegal in the previous matches? If not this is a non-story. It just sounds like Trinidad vs Hopkins again, were we have the method of wrapping being illegal in certain areas but not others. If it ain't illegal, then I don't see the issue.

Comment

Working...
                    X