Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Villa's Promoter: Ennis Would Beat Spence, Crawford; Neither One Of Them Will Fight Him

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Villa's Promoter: Ennis Would Beat Spence, Crawford; Neither One Of Them Will Fight Him

ATLANTIC CITY, New Jersey - After what Sampson Lewkowicz witnessed Saturday night, he is more convinced than ever that there isn't a welterweight in the world who can beat Jaron Ennis. Roiman Villa's promoter predicted that neither Errol Spence Jr. nor Terence Crawford will face Ennis for that very reason.
    [Click Here To Read More]

I don't know if either one would fight him or not but there's one thing I do know. if I was one of them I wouldn't. There's nothing to prove. Been there done that. It's like going backwards in your career with everything to lose and nothing to gain.
    Rigpig Rigpig likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by champion4ever View Post
      I don't know if either one would fight him or not but there's one thing I do know. if I was one of them I wouldn't. There's nothing to prove. Been there done that. It's like going backwards in your career with everything to lose and nothing to gain.
      And that's why Boots' career might never take off! Spence, Crawford, and Jermell have nothing to gain by fighting Boots! SMH!

champion4ever champion4ever likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Bronx2245 View Post
        And that's why Boots' career might never take off! Spence, Crawford, and Jermell have nothing to gain by fighting Boots! SMH!
        I am not saying that they shouldn't fight him but if I was one of them I wouldn't. Both of those guys are at the stage of their career where they are planning their exit strategies.

Ennis has at least 14 more years left in this game compared to Bud Crawford's 3. Terence who turns 36 at the end of September; Says he is done with this sport before he reaches the age of 40.

Comment

I’ve been saying this since his destruction of abreu in 2020, but truth is all too contenders faced the obstacles. Spence had to enforce the rankings had to go overseas to face Brooks. Same with Bud when he went overseas to face Burns. Once you establish yourself as a champ and decent payday type of fighter, others will be more willing to fight….I hope lol

Comment

I am not saying that they shouldn't fight him but if I was one of them I wouldn't. Both of those guys are at the stage of their career where they are planning their exit strategies.

Ennis has at least 14 more years left in this game compared to Bud Crawford's 3. Terence who turns 36 at the end of September; Says he is done with this sport before he reaches the age of 40.
            at the rate he's fighting opponents now and their skillset, he has about 20 more years left added to the 7 he's already been a pro. This is his best win and FINALLY a decent opponent almost a decade after he turned pro. That's sad.
            El_Mero El_Mero likes this.

Comment

“At least” 14 years? That’s a little extreme. I’m sure he’s got like 8-10 years left as a floor. My concern is actually the division. With Spence and Crawford on the tail end, Porter gone, Danny G moved up, the division is looking very thin towards the future. In other words, Vergil Ortiz is the only other big name at the moment. So I feel Ennis and Ortiz are going to have to fight bums for the next 3-4 years until some other up and comers make some noise. Makes for a quiet title reign once that time comes
              Afi23 Afi23 likes this.

Comment

I think if Bud beats Spence twice, he retires ON TOP! Everyone knows Spence has his eye on Canelo!
                Last edited by Bronx2245; 07-12-2023, 09:04 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Topdogggbm View Post

“At least” 14 years? That’s a little extreme. I’m sure he’s got like 8-10 years left as a floor. My concern is actually the division. With Spence and Crawford on the tail end, Porter gone, Danny G moved up, the division is looking very thin towards the future. In other words, Vergil Ortiz is the only other big name at the moment. So I feel Ennis and Ortiz are going to have to fight bums for the next 3-4 years until some other up and comers make some noise. Makes for a quiet title reign once that time comes
                  Vergil Ortiz Jr. is not coming back to 147! Oscar said he's going to 154!

Comment

I think Sampson is right. I know it's presumptuous, and soon, but with the eyeball test, Ennis is the best welterweight I've seen since Mayweather.

He likely beats Spence and Crawford, although I'm not saying it's definitely the case.

Comment

Working...
                    X